New photography hobby #Pics

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything changes when you go into the wilderness with only a camera... You go from documentary to art. It is a great hobby and makes you think differently. Nice work and show us more.

Nice pics GT... are you using post pic editing for the contrasted b&w/color images, or using special lens filters to obtain that effect?

Cheers & Thanks
GGA

Appreciate the encouragement from you all.
Might head over to the thread Redfin pointed out (bar is pretty high over there! ) a have bucket loads of pics already but only a few quality ones pre edit.
I admire anyone hard core enough to take a great shot straight out of the gate, most of mine need some reworking to push the flair factor to become art rather than true "photography".
Like makeup for pictures, but if it's pretty you will look twice!

Well done, some great pics there, it is a nice way to spend some time when you need a break. I don't take my camera away with me as much as I should.

I have been doing it for a while but have not updated in a long time, here is my page - http://djgphoto.zenfolio.com/

Keep up the good work, you have an eye for it. Working on composition is always difficult for a lot of people, but you seem to grasp that well.

Look forward to seeing more.

If you plan on doing a lot of pics, have a look at Lightroom 4/5 for editing it is a good platform.

Cheers

Westaus :?)

Appreciate the tip westaus I will look into it.
One of the best high profile photographers I know (relation by marriage only) offered a simple tip to me to take great photos I've tried to use.
To paraphase him he said "Every photo needs a hero, and sometimes a support act to follow and watch your background. Get that right and you'll always take a good pic."
Every time I look at others photos I see he is dead on.
I've got some great pics from this week coming up, bloody work keeps getting in the way.

1457694790_sam_3213.jpg
1457694810_sam_3308.jpg
1457694830_sam_3324.jpg

Dusted the camera off whilst on holidays

I've got literally 100 ' s to get through....I need to figure out a faster way to edit. Went to a photography competition last weekend that opened my eyes. There's barely an original photo these days. I thought what I was doing was more art than photos....how wrong was I. Might be time to think about upgrading cameras though.....The macro and landscapes need a better machine.

And thanks for the kind words Steve. I appreciate a bit of encouragement while I'm starting out.

Goldtarget said:
I've got literally 100 ' s to get through....I need to figure out a faster way to edit. Went to a photography competition last weekend that opened my eyes. There's barely an original photo these days. I thought what I was doing was more art than photos....how wrong was I. Might be time to think about upgrading cameras though.....The macro and landscapes need a better machine.

And thanks for the kind words Steve. I appreciate a bit of encouragement while I'm starting out.
If you think detectors are expensive Goldtarget, wait till you get the bug proper (which looks like it's coming) and you start eyeing off hassleblads :lol: :lol:
Nice work mate :)

Latest posts