Bundy Ben, X-terra 705 finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bundy Ben said:
Goldpick said:
Good to see the pill/snuff box still intact, nice find. Pity they didn't see fit to hide a couple of sovereigns in there. :D

;) first thing I did was give it a little shake :)

1440803645_image.jpg

Aarh ... Was wondering what i was reading about :lol:

Silver, that's iis going to be a long way off but intend to do something like that. Found another old photo of the place & I swear it will take a year or 2. The site has given 114 coins in 3 weeks, the grand tally at the end could be huge!!!
Another 8 today but I might wait until the end of the week & just do a one shot.

On another note. The coiltek 15" 18.75 is going pretty good. Obviously it's struggles in the really trashy areas but there has only been 2 areas that I will have to do over with the smaller coil. I find that even working the same place everyday, retune & rebalance is a must with it. Love the ground coverage of it in the quitter areas.
Still wondering if I should own a lower frequency DD... Hmm.

Looks like most of you got out & into some good finds today.
I have done likewise, got out for a few hours this morning & back out with some mates for a sunset hunt. My total for today.... 76 coins. 20 odd pennies from one 50cm patch.
Have been hunting away all week (& off for a run tomorrow as well) so haven't had time to get the good camera out.

Excuse the crappy pic. Some of this weeks coins :)
1441448522_image.jpg

nucopia said:
Nice rising sun badge too

Yeah, my 1st but it has a part cut off it so not complete. Will definatly get some pics of the "other stuff"
Some cool badges, a lead (I think) soldier, a dram weight etc etc. been an awesome week.

Thanks everyone. Did a count for the seven days. 190 :eek: . Best part is only 8 decimal coins in last 3 days.

Anyways...off to some older ground for a look. Hope you all get a chance to get amongst it today.

Excellent tally for the week, looking forward to some more pics. Funny about not finding many decimal coins, I have the same "problem" in the areas I currently detect - lots of pre-decs, very few spendables. Makes me wonder whether someone else had previously detected the area picking out all the moderns. ?