XP Deus on the beach

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Spent an hour on the beach today with my new Deus. Wet Beach Program. Happy with the performance. Need to to get a handle on discrimination. Note the ring pull rivet in the top of the photo, had trouble finding that with the pinpointer in the palm of my hand amongst the shellgrit.
1439294621_p1020435.jpg

Did you manage to try it out on both wet and dry sand?

Still waiting for my Deus to arrive after a long painful saga, though should see it in a few days after taking my business direct to XP in France. ;)

Goldpick said:
Did you manage to try it out on both wet and dry sand?

The beach I was on is very coarse shellgrit type. The ground balance didn't seem to go above 06, and mainly stayed at 00. Haven't used it enough yet to be able to figure out what is going on. Had it on the wet beach program and only adjusted the ground balance. As I walked along the waters edge I would get a signal at the end of the sweep as the coil went over the area where the water was coming up to. Hope that makes sense. Generally it was very quiet though and a couple of times I passed the metal trowel over the coil to make sure it was working. First impressions very happy. Am looking forward to trying it out in the G.T. but that won't happen for a couple months.

Sounds good, hopefully you can locate some good beach cuts or rocky areas to try on low tide for some gold targets. Have you got Andy Sabisch's book on the Deus yet. :)

Yes I do have Andy's book. Have tried some of the settings from the book and also tried the goldfields program on the beach. Starting to get a bit confused with it all, but seem to keep going back to the wet beach program, haven't really figured out what all the settings do yet. Will take a bit of time to understand what the tones are telling me I think. First VLF and beach detecting I have done, used to swinging a PI in the goldfields. Now I am finding ring pulls instead of lead shot. All good fun.

Latest posts