Cape York

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey thanks for all the info pedro I do know some of the area I used to drive trucks up that way
Sounds like your trip will be good too.
Rob
Hey den & Linda we are going to follow your tracks a bit we are planing to go to Elim beach
As well like to know what you think of it
Rob

The least I can do.

The help and advice the brothers have given me here, has been fantastic, to say the least.

Hi RnV,

Elim is a good camp to chill for a couple of days.

Unlikely to get a feed of fish unless you have a boat.

Some interesting drives along the coastal sand tracks.

Easy access for all sizes of caravan.

Leaving tomorrow to head up through Lakefield NP. Will be at Wenlock in 7 to 10 days.

Cheers

Linda & Den

I spent four days up at Wenlock a couple of years ago detecting. Did no good but would love to go back. There is gold there but I did not find it! The local indigenous community is very receptive to visitors and very well organised. It is a dry community as well (no alcohol). Check out the details and watch their videos. Very educational.

http://www.kaanjungaachi.com.au/ChuulangunCampgrounds.htmlock

Cape York was generally a disappointment. Access is very difficult and I think unless you have plenty of time to go with the flow and/or have local contacts, you will waste your time. Lots of gates/fences and stay out signs and mining claims on many of the good areas. You need to navigate red tape and green tape and native title tape.

Don't expect to find gold, but have a good time anyway. good luck!

Thanks for that Linda & den we're leaving cairns about two weeks time
Plan is to stop at elim for a couple of days then up to the wenlock
Have a good trip might see you up there
Rob

SunriseBoy said:
Also this crew have and excellent resource for FNQ: http://www.goldandghosts.com.au/ghost//

Most, if not all, of the stuff these crews sell is available freely if your willing to look for it. They basically take other people's info & maps then compile it into a "package". Smart move getting that website name - not sure if David W. de Havelland would agree?
The couple of people who I know that have purchased these types of "info" packs were disappointed to learn how much of it is free to obtain.

Yes. Good libraries generally have G & G. I looked at a copy and it brilliant. And, as you said, free.

How are the corrugations treating your truck mate. Our Pathy went there in 2007 and it had standard suspension. It was effed by the time we got back. Now have a 2" lift all round and feel much more comfortable.
Jaros :p

Latest posts