Jump starter packs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the market for one myself. Does anyone know if they have enough power to start a diesel engine?
A holden Colorado to be more specific.
Cheers,
Billy.

The lithium batteries are the go for power in compact size. I've switched to lithium batteries for all applications. Motorcycle,4x4,camper van. They do have a downside and that is price. I bought a 75a/h lithium ion battery for my 4x4 and set me back a grand on ebay vs lets say $300-400 for an AGM deep cycle. They do eventually pay for themselves in that they'll out last an AGM 2 or 3 fold with zero maintenance but it's still a lot of cash to fork out upfront. The lithium sits at 9kg vs around 35kg for an AGM so with a dual battery set up it's a good way to save 50kg in payload. My 50cc scooter battery has enough juice to jump start my 4x4 thanks to switching to lithium power. The reason these batteries are great for starting applications is they hold their voltage until completely exhausted.

Jaros said:
02 August 2015 9:20 am

We used one of these to start a Cat 320b excavator over a few days in March. One battery was shot and the other wasn't great either.
Very impressed with it and we now carry one in the service truck.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/30000mAh-Eme 51c8b21449

Last edited by kurrajong (02 August 2015 9:21 am)

Thanks Jaros,
Not sure I will go this way though. :eek:

Package:
1x 30000 mAh jump starter battery
1x Charging plug
1x Car charger adapter
1x( 4 in 1)USB Charge Cable
1x Storage battery wire clip
8x Laptop adapter
1x User manual
1x Carring bag
Note:The item may not work well for diesel vehicles,please be cautious if you mind it .
(With Original Package)

Cheers,
Billy.

Just read posts from 2015. any new advice on getting a booster pack for my 2.8 diesel ? Thanks to all. (Recently spent the night in the bush , flat battery , left my lights on!)

If you go to the Supercheap Auto website you can log into it and type the brand of your car and see if the Starter Pack is compatible with your car.

Wow! Thats right on the edge of nocos own claimed limits. The landcruiser would be more than 3lt diesels yeah?

I bought the NOCO GB 150, And it is a Monster of a thing, But I am going to upgrade to the bigger one hopefully soon.

Latest posts