Outdoorsaustralia youtube channel

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah they chase me around with a pair of those jack lang Gold type cheapy detectors and actually do pretty good, might have to start filming their finds as they are close to out doing me!

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Jealous much... Looks like a good spot to hit with the SPP!

it is! has had alot of sand dumped in that area in the last 20 years so all the good stuff is down deep. I put the 12inch aussie mono coil on and have been hitting alot of the bigger coins like pennys and florins down a good 20+inches down 8)

dazza513 said:
Bit of a play with the xpointer

Love it... You use the pointer as in the way I demonstrate / train others.

I call the first two as bottle caps, before you performed a neat recovery... You are welcome to detect my neighbourhood any time.

- I have found that while the tid may indicate a coin, if you get a good rate 1cm off centre (setting 4) - Bottle top/cap.... But on the beach I still check every time - always been a bottle top :)

Have a few more to send off to Tasy, will finish watching the Vid later...

Love you work.

Mark

AngerManagement said:
dazza513 said:
Bit of a play with the xpointer

Love it... You use the pointer as in the way I demonstrate / train others.

I call the first two as bottle caps, before you performed a neat recovery... You are welcome to detect my neighbourhood any time.

- I have found that while the tid may indicate a coin, if you get a good rate 1cm off centre (setting 4) - Bottle top/cap.... But on the beach I still check every time - always been a bottle top :)

Have a few more to send off to Tasy, will finish watching the Vid later...

Love you work.

Mark

Yes your right about about a broad signal being bottle tops on setting four, i have found alot (dont know why) of modern english 1 pound coins in that area and they react the same so i check the shallow targets.
As for the recovery method it's hard to beat a steak knife on decimal coins ;)

Keep up the good work and demonstrating a repeatable method that clearly shows a duty of care and respect for the wider community.

Love foreign coins - TIDs all over the place but the signal can be so much a screamer that you just have to retrieve :)

Love picking up the odd dime or quarter - It is all about the story behind how it got there that is interesting, rather than the value.

Latest posts