Me & my at pro

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a short hunt in this morning before the rain set in.
1472812954_image.jpeg
. Two britania's. Cant quite read the date on one but it could be 1869 ?? Not sure.
1472813081_image.jpeg
1472813101_image.jpeg
. I need a mag glass. Cheers.

What does the obverse on the 18?9 penny look like Colin, it might answer a few questions regarding the bust? I think we should just call it 1869, might be another 50 years till we see one. ;)

If it's a '69 what's the betting we find more in the near future, sods law, like buses... you wait ages then 2 come along at once

edit: that penny is one of the "Crude Pennies", so called because of where the end of the trident pole goes :eek: :8

1472817256_61_reduced.jpg

That looks defo a young bun head, so is 1869.
Dave there is an on-going thread where forum members are trying to find a detected coin from every year going back as far as we can, we are stuck on 1869, see here

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9485

If your coin is accepted, as it should IMO because the neckline of Vic seems defo curved instead of straight lined we can move on, think Atom had a '68, if not I'm sure I have one somewhere.
C

ColinD said:
That looks defo a young bun head, so is 1869.
Dave there is an on-going thread where forum members are trying to find a detected coin from every year going back as far as we can, we are stuck on 1869, see here

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9485

If your coin is accepted, as it should IMO because the neckline of Vic seems defo curved instead of straight lined we can move on, think Atom had a '68, if not I'm sure I have one somewhere.
C
I will wait till have a possitive id on the date before i post it there. Thanks mate. Cheers.

The 1869 HP despite being considered as scarce, doesn't attract much value unless in very fine to uncirculated condition. 3,225,600 produced compared to 7,748,234 for the 1889, which is considered as common. It does look to be the 1869, by 1889 Victoria was starting to appear with a bit of a double chin on the obverse. :)

Pretty pleasing hunt there Dave,it's nice to turn up something a bit different now and then.
SinHof.

Thanks guys. I have been concentrating on the house yard. Time to hit the paddocks. Old well, stables & barn. Yes very pleased to be allowed to search here. I will be talking to the neighbuors to seek permission to hunt their property too. Cheers.