Me & my at pro

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1438129206_image.jpg

1438129206_image.jpg
A short hunt in a local park yesterday I unearthed this little beauty. 1854 I think as I am not game to attempt cleaning. I got $6.05 as well. Happy Happy dance. If I soak

1926 thrip. While I was hunting this old bloke came over to see what I was up to We talked for about an hour told me his life story how he born in the next street over where he worked etc etc born 1926. Picked his brains for a bit of local history got some good ideas for potential sites. I love talking to older people it didn't matter to me that I was limited for time I could have chatted all day.

Dave law said:
1926 thrip. While I was hunting this old bloke came over to see what I was up to We talked for about an hour told me his life story how he born in the next street over where he worked etc etc born 1926. Picked his brains for a bit of local history got some good ideas for potential sites. I love talking to older people it didn't matter to me that I was limited for time I could have chatted all day.

I have a lot of time for those sorts of encounters. I spent a good hour yacking to a local bloke last hunt, and ended up gaining a fair bit of local knowledge on the area. In turn I let him have a go of the Etrac as both himself and his partner were looking to join the hobby in the not too distant future.

Good to see you getting amongst the pre-decimals, hopefully your new local knowledge will provide some good detecting spots. :)

Goldpick said:
Dave law said:

I have a lot of time for those sorts of encounters. I spent a good hour yacking to a local bloke last hunt, and ended up gaining a fair bit of local knowledge on the area. In turn I let him have a go of the Etrac as both himself and his partner were looking to join the hobby in the not too distant future.

Good to see you getting amongst the pre-decimals, hopefully your new local knowledge will provide some good detecting spots. :)

Totally agree. Love talking to the old gents. One occasion Rocket and I were working a park and a gent came up for a chat. Told us that markets had been held there. Fetes too and the merry go round sat just there etc. That type of info us gold.

I've had hunts that were just about all talk too,...agree with all the above, but, that niggling little addict in the background still wants to be digging,...until the first hint falls from their lips,...then he sits up, ears full on. :)

Just like Reefer's stories from his grandfather...
The things learnt from old timers is priceless.
First hand info from those that were around at the time
Best listen now because it wont be long till its gone forever

1438307754_image.jpg
1438307132_image.jpg

a couple of hours today with 2 firsts for me a ring not sure if it's gold somehow I don't think so & a florin 1947 I am still doing a Happy dance. Ha ha. The ground was like concrete bent my digger but hay it's a small price to pay. & another penny (bent 1943) 1 -2 & 5 cent peice Cheers. Dave.

Latest posts