Chewton-Fryerstown

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I haven't been out for a swing for ages due to getting back into full time employment a few weeks back and today the itch was too much so I headed out to the Chewton-Fryerstown with the kids. Mainly to scout around for future trips
I also wanted to try out my new coil.
Found a few promising spots but no yellow. Just the usual bits of lead and rusty metal.

But overall it was great getting out in the bush again.
The pics are all out of whack due to my phone not organising them correctly. One particular area looked like it had a fire go through there not long ago.

20150628_133156.jpg

20150628_133424.jpg

20150628_131052.jpg

20150628_131529.jpg

20150628_173205.jpg

AtomRat said:
..at least you had signals mate haha ive walked fryerstown in an area for 3 hours and not even a rusty nail or lead shot!

I panned in a puddle for the rest of the day..lol

I know where the junk areas are are AtomRat...lol

Actually I would love to go back to a certain spot up there and have a few good long hours of swinging a detector. Lots of nice hillsides leading into some decent gullies. And very low undergrowth.
Lots of freshly dug holes of course. Nothing too deep but lots of them.
Can only try our luck in the end.

20150628_120326.jpg

Im thinking of heading up there in the next couple of days just gonna take the hilux and wing it with some maps I have
Need to get my first nugget!! ;)

I have been up that way a bit lately with minimal luck about 5 or so grams, I can't believe the amount of un filled holes and raking about.

Good luck

Jason.

Nice work HL and good looking ground......remember, they never got it all.

I know its hard when you have commitments full-time, but the more you can swing, the louder you will sing!

Good looking coil also, what is that?
on a TDI Pro?

Metamorphic said:
Nice work HL and good looking ground......remember, they never got it all.

I know its hard when you have commitments full-time, but the more you can swing, the louder you will sing!

Good looking coil also, what is that?
on a TDI Pro?

Cheers Metamorphic. It is just as much about as getting out in the peace and quiet as it is about getting some yellow for me. I love the lay of the land out that way. Pretty close to home as well which is always a bonus.

Always love swinging a detector walking the bush and the yellow is always a bonus.

Coil is the Miner John.

AtomRat said:
Dont get pricked by them porcupines ;)

Might see you out there one day!

Never know about bumping into each other in this huge country AT :)

grubstake said:
It's one of the Miner John TDI coils from Razorback: http://razorbackcoils.webs.com/apps/webstore/
Yes.

I'll never forget the thumps my heart made whilst watching my mate detect upon the edge of a hydrosluiced column / pillar he jumped onto out there, balls of steel. Great scenery out there :)

I wish that I could see the Garfield plant running back in the day too, must've shook the earth for miles

Got back out there today.
Arrived about 10 and had a good couple of hours of swinging before the weather turned and things went to shite.
Rain was coming down hard. Still very dry out there though. as soon as the surface was scraped away the ground was very dry underneath.
No yellow found but an overall very good day.
Oh well, at least I'm getting good at taking pics...lol

2015%2B-%2B18

2015%2B-%2B23

2015%2B-%2B25

2015%2B-%2B8

Did you get down into the spruce gully in bottom pic? I haven't been down in there to have a look yet but its a great view from the top of them cliffs!

I must have missed the burnoffs

AtomRat said:
Did you get down into the spruce gully in bottom pic? I haven't been down in there to have a look yet but its a great view from the top of them cliffs!

I must have missed the burnoffs

Hi AT. No I didn't get down there. I was just driving past and it's the first time I've ever seen it. Was heading straight for the Chocolate mill at that time. :D

Had a look around didn't see a soul , could hear a few cars go past but keep my head to the ground maybe tomorrow I might see a prospector or two about

I'll be up there again soon mate. See many puddles from the rain by any chance Detrack?

HardLuck - I've been looking for the clear quartz crystals norths of the town, would you have any info on where these are located? I've been into 3 gullies soo far without seeing even a broken fragment yet.

Latest posts