How to choose GPX series

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G.Day All Help please How to choose between a Minelab GPX4500 and a Minelab GPX5000 if you where going to buy A second-hand one is the GPX 5000 that much better than the GPX 4500 as some people I have spoke to say the GPX 4500 was the best Minelab ever made is that true or is the GPX 5000 that much better I'm not bothered with the money difference but more about the machine so if you can help that would be GREAT :) :)

Cheers Ted

Hi Ted I have used and have had both detectors 3 4500 and 1 5000 ,I am using a 4500 at the moment. I am in a prospecting club and take members out showing the how to set up and use their detectors .Having the chance to try many 4500 and 5000 over the years with some 5000 there is a difference to other 5000 and the same for the 4500 ,this does not answer your question I have found the last of the 4500 are a very good detector with the 5000 if you can get a late one with plenty of warranty you should be happy regards john :)

G'Day All Thank you for the advice just bought a GPX 5000 now just got to get out the Gold and Ghost books and find some GOLD :D :D :D

Cheers Ted

Latest posts