Introducing the GPC3500

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbasko

Matt
Moderating Team
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1434616092_14346157179320.jpg

1434616112_14346157351321.jpg

:D

Is that your new weapon Matt?
The dd pro elite runs great on my old girl, penetrates deep but picks up all the small stuff too.
How do you plan on using it with the 3500? Pseudo mono or in dd deep?

My 2200 is super smooth in: channel 1 and deep, but I generally run it in: both channels and Neutral with the booster cranked hard through the headphones.

Be interested to hear what you think of it

Yeah mate. I'll probably be mostly using it in DD deep. I'm going to get a similar size mono down the track & will use it where I can.
I'm hoping to give it a run tomorrow depending on the weather & what ground I end up on.

Reeks said:
Is that your new weapon Matt?
The dd pro elite runs great on my old girl, penetrates deep but picks up all the small stuff too.
How do you plan on using it with the 3500? Pseudo mono or in dd deep?

My 2200 is super smooth in: channel 1 and deep, but I generally run it in: both channels and Neutral with the booster cranked hard through the headphones.

Be interested to hear what you think of it

It amazes me some of those small targets yours picks up Reeko, good detector that one.

Its just a stock standard GP3500. I modified the telescopic shaft off a Golden Mask detector to enable mounting the GP on so it's now a GPC ( C for compact) :lol: . Can retract it down to a reasonably small, compact size for storage in my ute drawers etc. easily without pulling it apart.
It's still a work in progress with a couple of things I'm not 100% happy with yet. The handle may not be strong enough - some proper use will let me know if it's going to be ok. The arm cuff may need further modding as the top shaft section is a larger diameter than standard Minelab shafts which spreads the cuff out wider. Its good enough to test out today & go from there anyway. Could just end up back on the standard shaft set up if it's no good in the field? Worth a trial I reckon.

That turned out pretty well Matt! Looks like a beauty. Get those little things sorted and it'll probably be a sure winner.

Keep us posted on the changes.
You'll be on those deeper nugs in no time :D
All the best,
Shauno.

Hi all,

Mbasko, how's that 3500 going mate? I still have mine. That GM shaft looks good is it much lighter than the standard one?

PS the piece of gold that my granddaughter is holding (in my avatar) was found with my 3500 in Deep Sensitive with a the standard coil :) happy days

Jim & Kerrie

Thanks all.

Hi Jim - haven't used it for long yet but it does feel light. I still need to do some work on the arm cuff/control box mount so I can get a decent day in with it. Control box kept coming loose on me so I went back to the SDC last day out.
The GP3500 is going well otherwise. No gold yet but I reckon it'll get some before too long. That's a nice nugget in your avatar!
Found this sunbaker with the SDC:
1435740587_14357403043261.jpg

1435740614_14357402950870.jpg

I didn't think the 3500 would pick it up but it did in Deep/Normal with Coiltek 14" DD pro elite coil. Could pick up a couple of subgrammers I got with the SDC too. Wasn't expecting that.
So far it's complimenting the SDC in that the SDC finds the bird shot & the GP finds the primers buried down deep :lol:

Hi all,

Mbasko, I didn't mention that it was about a foot down. Do you still have your 5000?

Jim & Kerrie

No mate sold the 5000 awhile ago to pay some bills & was gearing up to buy a GPZ. Plan was to use the SDC until the Zed came out, sell it & buy the Zed. Things changed & the Zed is a long term maybe now. New house & baby on the way will do that :lol:
I'll be more than happy using the SDC & 3500 for now.

Latest posts