THE REVOLUTION IS HERE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't understand what you just said, have they not just done that with the elite ?? they must have overcome "THE STRUGGLE " ????? no allegience to either.

Being in fixed or tracking won't alter the targets you are finding. It will just effect the way in which the machine ground balances. If you are in Victoria I'm guessing you would be in fine gold or enhance a lot with the 11" mono. It is recommended that fixed is used in enhance or any of the special timings however if the ground is particularly hot you can always use tracking and flick to fixed for locating/confirming a target. I generally run in fixed wherever possible and ground balance frequently using the quick track button.
Hope this info helps mate.

Thanks for the feedback Walshie looks like I am on the right track you doubt yourself sometimes.
I will give fixed a go next time. I am looking around Heathcote and Malden areas.

No worries mate. Definitely on the right track mate. If your finding small pieces of lead its just a matter of time until you unearth some yellow.

GB method when in fixed - hold the quick track button whilst pumping the coil. Lower coil as close to the ground without touching, hold coil still and release quick track button. (Quick track button depressed for whole gb procedure)

Gb method tracking - press/release quick track button and pump coil until variation in threshold becomes stable.

You probably already know this

old hand said:
I found by putting a normal skid plate [solid coil] on a light weight coil [open weave] creates another problem you get a drumming from the coil.We found the best thing was to glue some thin Perspex to the skid plate regards john :)

I have an older (1st release?) NF 20" spider coil and use 2x coil covers, 1x on top & 1x under. This way i have the advantage of a large yet light "solid" coil i can swing all day, and no problems with drumming noise, dirt or debris collection on top of the coil.

I have a 16" also but it is the 2nd version they don't make solid covers for, but i do need to do similar as the 20" for where i detect.

Something for others to consider perhaps...

Gypsy

1440469844_quartz__gold.jpg

not sure if this works?

Thanks For that :)
Looking forward to going back with the rake and grid the area.
I was using the mono on the GPX 5000.
Should I use that again and then try the DD?
I have not used the DD much.

The DD most likely won't have the sensitivity to pick up species like that. Unless there's not a lot of ironstone around and you can use the DD coil in the Mono position, along with Sensitive Extra.

Latest posts