Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am indeed Charlotte Badger. Pretty sketchy details on how the story ended but I personally like the version where the Maori burned the ship, ate the crew and somehow Charlotte lived happily ever after. She was quite a piece of work.

Duck are you after an average or precise number? So far my research is telling me it depends on the load how far they can travel in one day. A Bullock team with supplies may only travel around 13km in one day where the same team with a load of Gold might only travel 11km. I am going to say that the difference might be around 4 to 8 km but I'm probably way out.

I was transported for political reasons and escaped, becoming a newspaper editor and hatching a mass prison escape.

Was about the same but the bullocks consumed less food than a horse team and the bullocks had more endurance with heavy loads, as the coach stops were every 10 miles most counted on around two coach stops but this depended on the terrain sometimes it was just a few miles if the roads were bad.Open to anyone for question

the duck said:
Was about the same but the bullocks consumed less food than a horse team and the bullocks had more endurance with heavy loads, as the coach stops were every 10 miles most counted on around two coach stops but this depended on the terrain sometimes it was just a few miles if the roads were bad.Open to anyone for question
Sorry, I don't follow. If they are going to the same goldfield in one day, why wouldn't they go the same distance? The distance hasn't changed for horses rather than bullocks - it remains the same for both.

I was transported for political reasons and escaped, becoming a newspaper editor and hatching a mass prison escape.

Latest posts