Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The birth (legislation Passed) of Victoria's independence from NSW July 1st 1851, barrels of blazing tar rolled down Collins St Hill in Melbourne in celebration. (Changed the date)

Where and when ?
blazing tar barrels were rolled down a street
FFS, can't you separate the wheat from the chaff :lol: :lol:
A fire was lit on Flagstaff Hill

Where and when ?
can't you separate the wheat from the chaff
Formal opening of Prince's Bridge was in the same wek

Where and when ?
can't you separate the wheat from the chaff
Formal opening of Prince's Bridge was in the same week
Newspapers printed the news then closed for a week of celebrations

YAY!!.....i'LL GET BACK TO Y'S!!!.... ]:D ]:D When I devise the most cryptic and un -googleble :p deceptive and ambiguous enigma, wrapped in layers of unfathomable distortions of half truths, pretense and subterfuge ]:D ]:D :p :p :Y: .!...You're gonna love this !...haha..Nah!....will need a bit of time though, flat out with some stuff at the moment. :cool:

reefer said:
YAY!!.....i'LL GET BACK TO Y'S!!!.... ]:D ]:D When I devise the most cryptic and un -googleble :p deceptive and ambiguous enigma, wrapped in layers of unfathomable distortions of half truths, pretense and subterfuge ]:D ]:D :p :p :Y: .!...You're gonna love this !...haha..Nah!....will need a bit of time though, flat out with some stuff at the moment. :cool:

It's the only way to fly Reefer :Y: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok!...Who and what am I.
1.I was born in 1889..my father had dabbled in fossicking.
2.I was eventually moved from the mountains to the sea.

hehe! ]:D PAYBACK MATE! :p 3.My father was born in London in 1851.
4.He refused an offer for me in 1908.

ok!...A few more clues. :p 5.My father was a founding member of the nsw chamber of manufacturing.
6. I was educated at Kings College, Goulburn, and Newington College Sydney.
7.I was earmarked for construction in 1927.....and a railway was began by the nsw goverment.
NOTE. Nothing ambiguous about any of this clues.

Correction and apology. :8 Clue 4....while factual..is in fact misleading, as it refers to a core business venture but not the one which I am specifically referring to....however if said clue 4. was to be identified, it would then point to the one I am referring to.So to clarify the mistake a little further...and add a further clue...Question 4 is what I am referring to but it was de-commissioned and moved to somewhere else. ]:D

Latest posts