Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I've only had half an eye on the forum lately, and have not had a lot of time to google up answers. I'm going through one of those periodic very very busy times at work.

Your clue about the graves reminded me of reading about Goog's track, and all it took was a quick google to confirm. When I put up the previous answer, I briefly considered the track, but the length of it is reported differently in a number of references.

I'll be back with a question.

Ive been there Doc and hammered a few coins in the money tree. My tachometer measured 198kms start to finish when we did it.
There are no graves out there mate, just memorials and all that visit leave a full stubbie of beer on the memorial and have one with Goog.
Interestingly we found a midden out there in the bush.
GT :)

Sorry for the delay, I've been working down in Sydney and it's been a big day for our organisation!

Anyway, my father and I were both involved in show business, and shared the same name. Who am I?

Not Larry. I did not know his dad was in show business and also called Larry.

The son I am thinking of was a big star and often appeared on tv shows to give amusing interviews, usually well lubricated with his favourite drop - Ben Ean Moselle!

Hi DrDuck
Would it be John Meillon and his son John Meillon Jr.

John Sn is very well known and loved a drop to drink and his son also an actor is less well known having been in Home and Away and a few other shows

Bob

No Bob, John Mellion Jr was not old enough to be in Skippy and big hollywood epics. The son I am thinking of had a very distinguished career in theater in Australia and the UK, playing alongside Sir Lawrence Olivier and the like. He had big roles in Hollywood and Australian films, and often was cast as a villainous character. In fact, you could say that his career ranged from the sublime to the ridiculous.

No problem, Bob, easy to do. GT gets it, the one and only Frank Thring. He played up the persona of evil personified very well.

There is a funny YouTube clip of him, well pissed, being interviewed by a stand in tonight show host, who makes the mistake of telling Frank that he had been in Neighbours.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6UIPQx3D5w[/video]

He played an evil magistrate in the film Mad dog Morgan and in the last scene over the bushrangers body, tells the blokes who were going to make the death mask to "don't forget the scrotum" to make a tobacco pouch. Very memorable if you have seen the uncut version.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Thring

ah dash damn n' bugger!...he was one of my fav. aussie actors.. i first saw him as pontius pilate ..I think.. in Ben Hur :cool: hehe... i nearly went cross eyed on this one...I was just not in it at all 8)

Never mind Reefer. Mate you take this one as I must leave for Brisvegas now and wont be back at a computer for a few days.
Thanks Doc , good question. The Ben Ean clue did it for me.!!
I still have a bottle of the old Ben Ean Moselle from my missus given in 1976 with a hand written lovey dovey message on the label. Geez. I reckon it would be cats piss now just like it was then !!!!

Over to you Reefer

GT :)

oh... mate thank you ..i just tuned in .. very gracious of you GT... :p :cool:
I'M A RIVER!... In 1851 hundreds of prospectors were camped on my banks.a huge storm and prolonged rain caused me to run a banker and ruin the diggings.
what river am i.?

Latest posts