Learning curve SDC, GPX, GPZ

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK fellas chasing opinions on which machine would
be the easier to learn. 4500; 5000; 7000. I have the 2300 and have used the 5000 keeping it in factory setting. In 6 monhs I will buy one of these
machines and also do a 2 day training.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest mate they are all pretty easy machines to learn, you just need to keep reading the manuals until you understand the settings and what they do, it can take a bit of time but they are relatively easy to learn. Obviously more difficult than an SDC but not hard if you are technically minded.

If you are used to the SDC, I'd say go straight to the 7000. Similar audio, and also runs in auto tracking like the SDC. I think it would be an easy transition for you.

I think by the time you are able to buy a detector ask the question then at this time there are good and bad reports on the 7000 some people will disagree with me but that's the way it is ,several friends pro prospectors have sold their 7000s and have gone back to a 4500 with the elite coil and a 5000 with a elite coil regards john :)

Latest posts