Biggest SDC Nugget

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that there is a few spots in the Steiglitz Park that you can detect, I might be wrong so check with the Park people there they will help you out before detecting.
cheers db

Hey DB,

Thanks for that. I have heard conflicting stories about the area. Some say you can't detect there. Parks vic site states you can but I have also heard you can only if your panning!!!

Lerderderg may be a option? Don't care how far I travel to be honest, love driving and also love going to new places.

Thanks again mate.

Gday keano, I'm in Geelong as well and new to this game. There's a few places you can go that aren't too far for a day trip. Mt doran is one, I went out there to play with my 4500 when I first got it last month and managed to snag my first piece of gold. I was very surprised as the place is well and truly flogged and quite overgrown at the minute. The SDC might uncover some stuff previously missed though. I can put you onto a few spots out there if your keen.
I've also been picking up some yellow near Ballarat, can't disclose exact location out of respect for my mate who was kind enough to take me out there.
If you don't mind driving you have a big list of places you can check out. Can't wait to see your gold in the show and tell post :D

Hey Walshie,

Hello to a fellow Geelongman. Although, I can't claim to be a local as I've only been here for 10 years! Thank you very much for offering to help. I will PM you to discuss further. The only issue that the SDC may have with Mt Doran is I have read the SDC struggles with leaf ground? But need to check that out myself. Given me and the fam live in the car doing trips on our days off I have no issue with how far I drive or the hours spent doing it.

Would be great to have a swing together one day.

This one's from last year, but shows the SDC can get the bigger bits. Went 3.57g

1433639677_3.57g_bit_vic.jpg

Nice nugget well done.
Also it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife in the whipstick..... Thanks for the coffee :D

I feel a little ashamed of my biggest find so far but you have to start somewhere right!

1436093329_0.07_nugget.jpg

0.07g from Clermont QLD. We've planned to head up to Willows near Nannine for a few weeks at the end of the month so hopefully we'll have something better to show off soon. Mrs M will be swinging the SDC.

Nice finds fellas. I'm still waiting to crack that gram mark as well Greg. Plenty of small stuff but nothing over a gram yet!

SCROUNGER said:
Teemore, Golddigg@ has nominated you as a contender???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's only because he knows I'm now in love with my 4800 and the 14" Elite coil ........

1436094580_img_1662.jpg

:) :) :) :) :) :D

Charging the SDC batteries, I'm sure it has some mates just waiting for the SDC.

Cheers T.

Tks, just love the opportunity to show the nugget again (still very very happy).

Latest posts