Sluicy GS highbankers?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bundyjd

John
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has tried out the newer GS16/17/18 series Sluicy highbankers with high pressure spray bars?

The only difference between the models seems to be the length of the bottom tier - 720, 900 or 1200mm.

Anyways, any real world feedback or comments would be appreciated.

Cheers,
JD

Hopefully can let u know shortly, have recently purchased a GS16, its been built and ive been told is in transit as we speak...with any luck i get time during the week to purchase some layflat hose and camlock fittings and give it its maiden voyage on the weekend, will keep u posted.

I really like the look of the " SLUICY GOLD EQUIPMENT 2015 release GS16 spray line series " Does anyone here run these sluices ??
they seem well priced and I think it would be a good tool for me to start with any feed back would be great , so when I spend my money I will know it was spent on a recommended sluice.

I fully understand the people selling the equipment make more profit than those that buy it LOL.

I purchased the GS-16 from Sluicy Gold and run it with a 1" four stroke transfer pump, although i will admit i havent really put it through its paces as yet it has certainly done everything i was expecting from it thus far and it has caught gold. It is as yet untested on really fine flour gold though so as far as that goes i cant really comment, is in the pipe line but the weather in Gippsland has been terrible at best lately so its remained packed up in the boot awaiting the sun to break through. The sluice comes with expanded over carpet but as im still a greenhorn myself others may be in a better position to advise if this is the best set up or not and indeed i guess that depends a little on ur area and the kind of gold u can expect to find. In saying all that i honestly havent really used mine enough to make a sales pitch and although ive been happy with it through the limited hours its done there may be others who have alot more experience using them who may have differing opinions....hold off for a few more posts before buying one just incase lol
Regards y4k

I have a GS17, and gave it a good workout at Tuena the other weekend. Very happy with it, and find that it catches small gold well. The carpet does retain some fine material, got about 20 specs after drying it out and shaking the material out of it into a tub. Test pans of tailings found very few fly specks.

Run it with a Rato 40mm (1 1/2") pump.

I recon it is good value. Only problem is that the spray bars tend to splash a bit when the hopper is full, and this is a bit of an issue in cold weather. A pair of waders would help in these conditions.

DrDuck said:
I have a GS17, and gave it a good workout at Tuena the other weekend. Very happy with it, and find that it catches small gold well. The carpet does retain some fine material, got about 20 specs after drying it out and shaking the material out of it into a tub. Test pans of tailings found very few fly specks.

Run it with a Rato 40mm (1 1/2") pump.

I recon it is good value. Only problem is that the spray bars tend to splash a bit when the hopper is full, and this is a bit of an issue in cold weather. A pair of waders would help in these conditions.

Thanks drduck , I am interested in pumps , I was going to start with the fire pump but it is heavy to move , I like the idea of bilge pumps as they can deliver the 3000 ghp that they are recommending but then I would need 12 volt and if I don't have vehicle access I would still have to lug a battery. What is your rato pump ?
AAlso like the look of the wippersnipper motor pumps as they are light weight but so far I have only seen 1500 gph in them.
Would you be running around that 3000 gph mark ?

i used to run carpet but found i couldn't gauge how much fine gold was around, after a year or so i took my carpets camping and tossed them in the fire, next monring shovel fulll of dust from the fire down to the ceek to pan.... boy was tere some gold, upside is you catch it, downside you could be on a good fine gold spot and never know it.

hes sluices are well priced for what they are, its a lot of work involved and he doesnt charge much at all. youll be fine with one.

G0lddigg@ said:
i used to run carpet but found i couldn't gauge how much fine gold was around, after a year or so i took my carpets camping and tossed them in the fire, next monring shovel fulll of dust from the fire down to the ceek to pan.... boy was tere some gold, upside is you catch it, downside you could be on a good fine gold spot and never know it.

hes sluices are well priced for what they are, its a lot of work involved and he doesnt charge much at all. youll be fine with one.

Yep they seem like value , I would be hard pushed to build it for that ($280 ) delivered .

So if you burnt them what do you run now ?

I bought a smaller river sluice from them a few months ago after i stumbled accross there workshop in my home town of benalla and a mate bought the big banger. I didnt get much on my first outing with my little sluice and my mate wasnt getting anything with his till we cut up a cheap door mat from mitre10 which is very similar to miners moss but has a backing on it and we put a section of that in the top third section of the sluice. Make sure it fits snug so the fine flour gold doesnt creep down the sides and we had good results with yhat. Flakes and smaller nugs stayed in the matting and the finer flour gold was caught in the marine carpet that was fitted to sluice when purchased. I did notice the gaps between the riffles and the expanded mesh either clogged up with sand or let the finer gold slip through so adjusted water flow to suit the grade paydirt. Pre classifying the paydirt help alot too. Other than that there not a bad little product once there set up properly. :)

you mean like this Outlawd, I have done a fair few mods, If your interested I can list them and why :)
1444986713_img_20150926_151605_681-optimized.jpg

Hey Aussie

I'd also be interested in your mods and and why :8

Thanks in advance

Bazz

Those Stortz fittings look familiar. :D :D :D
I am currently building a very similar banker but with a few Mods made after talking to
both DrDuck and Bazza2210.
Agreed on riffles. These bankers are on the small side to me for them.
I will be running expanded both as a slick plate and over Spaghetti matting.
Only thing is I hope to have it ready for this week end.

yes :D that hose and those stortz fittings have come gratis from a couple of prospecting legends , some say they hear the gold in the gravel as it slides into their sluices , others believe they have seen them pan for gold with nothing but the hats off their heads, either way they are more than folk law... they are fair dinkum aussie gold hunters . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bazz and Blisters you can see a few mods in the picture ,

Some basic mods from new were changing to miners moss and making sure the riffles clamped the moss across the bottom properly so there was no current under it.
Also if you look hard at the wing nuts that lock the top run to the bottom I have measured and filed little grooves to make adjustments quick and simple as well as level and I even move it while it is running if I need to.

the next mod will be to use the back legs as front ones and make longer back ones just to make setting it up on unlevel ground easier.

there's plenty more but I don't want to bore you all ;)

The system that you are using for the top hopper adjustment is what I am going to do. :) :)
Chain saw files are good for notching eh. ? :D
Great minds do indeed work alike. LOL
Just got me a little peeved on what setup for the legs.
I have come up with a plan to use square section aluminum that both folds flat under the banker for transportation and the rear are adjustable.
I absolutely hate protrusions sticking out just at the right spot to be annoying. Right to the point where i am going to use cup
head or countersunk with nylex lock nuts for that neat smooth presentation to your fingers.
Mind You, The Banker will probably look like a British Bulldog on Steroids but practicality rules in my books. ;)
I see you have increased the size of your hopper. Mine is 245 wide and 500 long with the spray bars recessed to the out so you can get a
clear shot with a shovel in anger. :rolleyes:

Latest posts