Some gemstones I found over the weekend!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! all you guys are making a novice like me very eager to get out there! I cant wait to get up to the New England in a couple of months. :)

Stendec said:
Wow! all you guys are making a novice like me very eager to get out there! I cant wait to get up to the New England in a couple of months. :)

I'm only a novice too, that was my second time ever chasing gem stones!, I've found the odd stone here or there in my quest for gold, but yeah that was the second time ever (and the first time to this location) I've been out solely on the hunt for stones. Admittedly I am incredibly fortunate to know a great bloke that was willing to take me along and share one of his spots with me, so that definitely helps!

You really get an incredible sense of satisfaction from the hunt and the adventure in finding your own gemstones!

Good luck and hope you have some luck with it!

Adam

wow nice gems you have there i hope to find some like that one day ,i have only found agates so far and mostly orange ones

jimnyjerry said:
Well done Adam, especially as it would be getting cold in the creeks down in Victoria.

Absolutely FREEZING!!! :eek:

My hands for the first half hour or so stung from the cold after that they just went numb LOL, what made it worse is that it was overcast, so there wasn't even a little ray of sunshine to help try warm up at all. Believe me the heater was cranked up flat out on the way home trying to thaw out!

My next phase after i get amongst the gold again is to start hunting Gem Stones, and what you have found makes me even more interested in getting into those cold creek beds. I am a total novice at that side of things, other than hunted some opal at Coober Pedy back in the 70's, but the gemstons have always interested me.

Nice finds

cheers
Tony

elbowgrease said:
jimnyjerry said:
Well done Adam, especially as it would be getting cold in the creeks down in Victoria.

Absolutely FREEZING!!! :eek:

My hands for the first half hour or so stung from the cold after that they just went numb LOL, what made it worse is that it was overcast, so there wasn't even a little ray of sunshine to help try warm up at all. Believe me the heater was cranked up flat out on the way home trying to thaw out!

Yeah but if was too easy then you wouldn't feel so good about it, well done.

A good days sieving when your hands match the colour of your stones :)

We're looking at getting wet suit type gloves

Cheers

Col

i got a set of gloves yesterday..... heaven is all i can say i got 4mm KEVLAR SCUBA DIVE DIVING GLOVES cost me $35 delivered from fleabay will never go back now.

Colin&Lee said:
A good days sieving when your hands match the colour of your stones :)

We're looking at getting wet suit type gloves

Cheers

Col

Nice one G0lddigg@,

Might have to have a look at that before our next trip to Grabben Gullen ;) going high banking for some yellow this weekend so it shouldn't be to bad

Cheers

C&L

Latest posts