The Rockin Yobskin.....Yehaaaa

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this was the drawl that happens before the get together challenge (read C H A L L E N G E) that was mentioned in post No. 54. :p

yes guys, back to business, when I first saw the rocker, Yobs let me have a go, I was hooked, if I had the money I would get one without blinking an eye.

I love history, and the rocker is part of our Australian prospecting history, now here's the thing not many of you know. About 30 yrs ago met a great old guy in Ballarat, I was going out with his grandaughter, it just so happened he was an old time prospector, took me out specking in a creek one day after a rain, and he found a nice little chunk in the bank of this dry old creek. The rain had washed things a bit and he found his speck....I didn't find any. I had just got into prospecting in those days.

He then told me about a rocker box, and what the old timers used them for, I was all ears, and long story short, he built me one out of wood, I remember the top hopper would shake back and forth as you rocked it, I love that thing. Took it home to where I was working on the Snowy, and used to go panning at a mates claim in old alluvial workings near home.

Never quit knew what carpet or what to put under the bottom bit, so never used it much, and when I left there to move further north, I lost it, was such a shame, it was a piece of history made by a lovely old prospector.

I suppose that's why I have a love of a, 'Rocker Box'

Yobs that's why I love having a go on yours, and I thank you so much for bringing back very fond memories of my rocker box.

Go the Rocker Box.....

And the Banjo of course. hahah :)

Yeah golddigg, last time at Gympie, we were working alongside Yobs, and he gave me a go on the rocker, just loved it. I saw the gold it got afterwards and I can tell you that thing catches good gold and find stuff too.

Banjo did ok too.

Yeah wasn't sure whether or not I had, Yobs. Yeah great chin wag loved it. What about the lost glasses, still blows me away that one.

Havent finished mine mate its in bits and pieces. Will probably finish it and donate to a mate before i move. Gotta cut down on gear trommels etc that wont be used in qld. Might make a new one for qld bit more high production than my small one

May/july mate, have to find time to fly up and find a rental mate. thats the plan thought. settle in then spend some time getting to know the land :)

Q U E E N S L A N D E R !
Get a place that won't flood,... gets a great breeze,... got nice shade has mossie screens or sandfly mesh if your near a creek or the coast,... ask all the neighbors what the place is like peoplewise and you'll get a good overview for if the place is for you or not. :D

silver said:
Q U E E N S L A N D E R !
Get a place that won't flood,... gets a great breeze,... got nice shade has mossie screens or sandfly mesh if your near a creek or the coast,... ask all the neighbors what the place is like peoplewise and you'll get a good overview for if the place is for you or not. :D

Thanks for the tips mate, we're actually moving back lived in QLD for 12 years gold coast, Brisbane now hoping to be somewhere between northside brisi beerway... ish

Much as u are mate, while on the subject of 'meaningful' posts the only time we seem to hear from u is when u are taking the piss out of someone elses gear...Perhaps i should copy paste some snippets from other forums and show who the real troll is?

Myazma said:
... and will quite willing go the same way as other experienced operators who in the past were willing to contribute their vast knowledge...

That's funny, check your own post contributions before cutting people down.
Jon

Hey Golddigg when u get up here, we'll meet up and and you can come with us to Gympie meet up with Yobs and Cody and Tribs and we'll get into some digging, wish I knew you were coming up before this, I had a room here and couldn't find anyone for over a year. Moving now, never mind, let me know how you go finding a place.

If you have trouble I might put the feelers out for you, and see what happens. Can't promise anything.

And thanks dwt you're spot on, my mate Yobs has a bad back but loves his prospecting, and the rocker is best for his back, no matter how nasty people talk about us, it's water off a ducks back. We're good mates and nothing will stop that, we'll still be getting together, having a ball, and living life.

I forgive all that's been said in malice, and pray for blessings for you.

Len mate of Yobs, Tribs and Cody.

Yep going out in a blaze of glory....
Insult me call me a liar i didnt really care for your personal attack on me i got tough skin...im Yobskin. You intensionally made it personal from the get go...so you knew how it would end.
But the rest of your rubbish you brought up shows your off chops! Two longknecks short of a good time?
Maby it happened when you were cutting out the bread create configuration??? Who knows?
Best of luck to you Myazma may your gagging reflex find you colour....

Ha Yobs he's gone mate, now we can get back to the business of getting the color cobber, don't worry mate we'll back ya till the cows come home.

Meh im over it....hahahaha
Im doing hotdogs for lunch....planning my next solo adventure.
Cause thats how i roll....between school hours hahaha
My baby girl is sick today or i would be out digging....

Latest posts