GPX 4500 with B Z Boster test

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G0lddigg@

Dustin
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
morning members, i shot this little 5 minute video for a member to show how the booster offers sharp signals on the 4500, more than anything i just wanted to point out that the 4500 is a very capable detector and will detect extremely small gold. even 0.03 grams.
I know this is an air test which is not representative of real world but it does demonstrate with the right settings you can find small gold with these older PI detectors. Even with the standard 11 inch coil.

hope someone get some value out of this.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/kPEUenBQoxM[/video]

Thanks for sharing G0lddigg@.

The 11" coil is a beauty. Have a friend that prospects in Victoria during our winter for the
past 5 years and thats all he uses and finds his fair share with it. You will be surprised at how
small some of the gold is hence why I decided to go down the path of a GPX 5000. But he is
a seasoned and experienced GPX 5000 operator.

I decided though to follow the methods used by a very successful prospector that operates in
central Vic. One of Pauls main go to coils is the 14"x7" Nugget Finder which I have purchased and will
be using during most times. Paul has a few youtube videos with the 14x7 in action.

I picked mine up for $180 2nd hand.

Good luck with your detecting.

hey mate yeh 100% agree, NG coils are the go, between you and me theres a new NF coming out wont be around for probably at least 6 weeks but i'm eagerly waiting. Most blokes here in Ballarat swing 14 x9 NF or 14 Round they get more gold than anything else ive seen. I wanted to point out how sensitive a 11" can be as an all rounder for people who dont want to spend more. even i was amazed at the 0.03 response.

Have you been out mush with your 5000 mate?

G0lddigg@ said:
hey mate yeh 100% agree, NG coils are the go, between you and me theres a new NF coming out wont be around for probably at least 6 weeks but i'm eagerly waiting. Most blokes here in Ballarat swing 14 x9 NF or 14 Round they get more gold than anything else ive seen. I wanted to point out how sensitive a 11" can be as an all rounder for people who dont want to spend more. even i was amazed at the 0.03 response.

Have you been out mush with your 5000 mate?

No I have not been out of late. Been busy painting, doing chores around the house and some
other stuff.

Living in Melbournes West I do miss being out in the open rd though Just past Maldon on the way to
Dunolly. Its beautiful open country on that side.

Just finished making an extra charging lead for my wireless battery system so I can charge my battery
and wireless receiver in the car as I head up rather than trying to organise it the night before.

I have heard of that talk for a while now about the NF coil. I do hope they make it
as light as possible. I own the 14' NF round coil and is a beauty and is quiet. Would be awesome to
see NF come up with a few different sized coils and configurations with an emphasis on being light weight
and super sensitive.

It could be a coincidence but the research I have found about this coil some large nuggets were found with it.

http://www.nuggetfinder.com.au/articles/index.php?section=testimonials

I learnt about the 14x7 via stoppys youtube video. The link is below.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=14x7+nugget+finder

mbasko said:
Stoppsy's a good bloke & knowledgeable too. Did you do a day with him Wolf?

No I have not. He no longer does the training and has not renewed his tour license.

I tried twice to go out with him. It does not matter how much you know you always keep
learning hence why I wanted to spend a day with him.

He belongs to a facebook group I am part of and got chatting with him privately. He is one
fantastic bloke. He spent some time answering questions and found him to be very knowledgable.

I better stop recommending him then :lol:
He loaned me his 5000 when mine had a PCB failure down in Vic. Couldn't find a better bloke - not too many would have done that & sat on the sidelines for a couple of days.
I see he's been putting a few short vids together to try & help people.

Getting back on topic - that's a good example of how a signal enhancer/booster can be beneficial. I wouldn't be without one when using an external speaker which is nearly always.

mbasko said:
I better stop recommending him then :lol:
He loaned me his 5000 when mine had a PCB failure down in Vic. Couldn't find a better bloke - not too many would have done that & sat on the sidelines for a couple of days.
I see he's been putting a few short vids together to try & help people.

Getting back on topic - that's a good example of how a signal enhancer/booster can be beneficial. I wouldn't be without one when using an external speaker which is nearly always.

Yeah your right. That's exactly what stoppy has done. I did make the suggestion to him
to make a DVD which would be awesome viewing.

I have a very old pair of Tesoro Super Phones with built in Amp.

I think they have a loose wire somewhere but don't work. These cost me around $200 and I purchased
these back in the 90's. However they need the headphone cable the one that connects to the phones as
these are not hard wired in.

I own ismaels little ripper and that has a built in amp which works well.

The video above is a great example how the booster works. Going to try using a speaker
but I am too used to using headphones having used this method for a long time now.

Hi Golddigg@, Just wondering what timing, gain etc you are using in your tests. Would be interested to know as I can't get my 5k to pick up a 0.03 bit at all with either the 11" mono or NF sadie. It has me a bit puzzled.
I'd be holding on to that 4500 if I were you!

Cheers!

AuMan

AuMan said:
Hi Golddigg@, Just wondering what timing, gain etc you are using in your tests. Would be interested to know as I can't get my 5k to pick up a 0.03 bit at all with either the 11" mono or NF sadie. It has me a bit puzzled.

Cheers!

AuMan

What settings are you using?

Have you put the machine settings back
To preset and taken it from there?

AuMan said:

Cheers!

AuMan

hey mate i run things pretty extreme gain 13, stabilizer 6, signal 19, target 17, deep, front full left, enhanced, dd always, fixed, custom.

threshold usually 12 O'clock i play around a bit but around these hears the small stuff and the deep bigger stuff it works for me.

what are you running? wouldn't be the first time Ive heard similar issues with the 5000.

are you taking a test piece in the field to set up to local conditions?

My friend that comes down to vic buys a new
gpx5000 uses it for 3 months then sells it.

He has used 4 different 5000's.

The gold he has found with the 11" coil some of
it is really tiny.

He dropped a piece on the floor and could not see
It.

Ill take mine out tomm near my place and see if
My 5000 can pick it upa .03 gram piece.

Why does he buy and sell them wolf? I don't understand, does he knock them around?

SCROUNGER said:
Why does he buy and sell them wolf? I don't understand, does he knock them around?

He travels from Interstate where there are no
Local goldfields.

He only uses it when he is in Vic for the 3
Months or so.

Thanks guys, I had it running in fine gold, gain up about 18, stabiliser around 6, deep, threshold just on edge, fixed. Search mode does not matter, as this just saves the settings you set in it such as tone and a few other settings. It should be labelled saved settings, 1, 2 & 3. Volume set so I can hear the threshold base tone. Not sure where the target volume is set but the volume is set so I can hear the tone and any minor variations in it and so it doesn't blow my head off when I go over a big target!
The machine does run quite well and yes I always use test bits, I like to set up to get best response, then back settings off to suit emi and ground conditions.
I have also tried with manual tune at either extreme and in between.
Tried quiet audio, normal audio, boost(too noisy in boost). Tried DD and mono, I couldn't see any difference in either.
I also tried backing off the stabiliser to higher numbers and adjusting the gain so the detector still ran well.
Golddigg@, what do you mean by "front full left"?

Wolf, that would be great if you can do that.

Anyway, thanks again for the replys, it's really got me thinking that it needs to go for a trip back to ML for some TLC. It gets one more chance, will do a factory reset next time I'm out and start fresh and if I don't get any joy out of it, in the post it goes. And yes I have found gold with it, just not much!

AuMan

Latest posts