GPZ7000: Info, Tips, Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Connect your Z with the usb cable, download the update then treat the Z like a harddrive and copy the update to it I just dragged and dropped. Disconnect the Z it will do its thing then turn it self off then turn it back on. You will have to pick language timezone ect again on start up andall good or take to a dealer if unsure.

I have had the Z from the release and never looked back, still use my 4500 in areas that I can't swing a bigger coil but the z is my now weapon of choice and the up grade for free just makes it the detector to have into the future and hope all detectors will come out that can be updated.

I have alot of reason spots I am keen to run the update over. Will keep u posted

Cheers

You certainly can't complain about that for service ........................ nearly two and a half years since release and it's given FREE Not to many companies would do that two and a half years on ...................... Kudos again to Minelab here :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:

Does anyone know if the Z can be turned on without the coil plugged in?
I want to update the software but didn't want to overload the machine inside.
Cheers

Reeks said:
Does anyone know if the Z can be turned on without the coil plugged in?
I want to update the software but didn't want to overload the machine inside.
Cheers

Don't do the update without the coil being plugged in. I read some were that someone did just that, and it came up coil could not be detected makes sense,and machine had to be sent away.
I did my update this morning inside with no problems.

So was in the GT this weekend and went into Coilteck with a mate who was out to buy a new 5000, while there I got the update installed for my Z then went through the recomended settings, then when out in put a nugget about a foot down in ground (type difficult as recomended) no signal at all, went to general and got a beautiful signal :Y: :Y: :Y:
My advice after testing this a few times at depth General won hands down every time.

Gravity said:
So was in the GT this weekend and went into Coilteck with a mate who was out to buy a new 5000, while there I got the update installed for my Z then went through the recomended settings, then when out in put a nugget about a foot down in ground (type difficult as recomended) no signal at all, went to general and got a beautiful signal :Y: :Y: :Y:
My advice after testing this a few times at depth General won hands down every time.
Of course general beats difficult timing in depth but only when soil allows to use more aggressive timing. Update doesn't make it any different in this case (in my opinion anyway)

General beats difficult? They are two separate settings. Did you mean to say Normal beats Difficult?

Gold Mode: High Yield, General, Extra Deep

Ground Type: Normal, Difficult, Severe

I'm loving the new software. Patch can definitely allow the use of Normal where you'd previously be swamped with moans and groans.
I'm seeing an immediate benefit in the currently very wet ground. There is a slight increase in threshold jitter, so you want to use this with conservative levels of Sensitivity and Volume. Also, Low Smoothing is the go whenever using Patch in my experience, unless your Sensitivity is below 6 (EMI/spheric noise will differ in different locations).

Got this bit using Normal, General, Patch and Semi-Auto, Sens 8, Volume 10

1500337737_new_sw_3_bp.jpg

And I don't know whether it's the wet ground or something else, but running Semi-Auto together with High Yield and Difficult, I have pulled a lot of small targets at depth in two spots which are both pretty worked out. After digging two bits of lead and a squashed bit of brass, I knew I'd soon hit gold. Got these two bits at very good depth.

1500338106_new_sw_1_mp.jpg

1500338121_new_sw_2_mp.jpg

Thank you Minelab for continuing to develop the Zeeeeee :D

Now, to see what I can squeeze out with the Z19.....

Hi Guys I just got my new Z a few weeks ago and put the new update on last week! I got out for a few days over the weekend to try out the Z for the first time. A bit different from my 4500 but I think it will be better. Didn't find any colour this time but plenty of boot tacks, lead and Buckle's ect. I don't know what difference the update made as it was the first time out. I hope next week out will show better.?

:rolleyes:
PhaseTech said:
General beats difficult? They are two separate settings. Did you mean to say Normal beats Difficult?

Gold Mode: High Yield, General, Extra Deep

Ground Type: Normal, Difficult, Severe

Jeeezuz Nenad how come you always sound like you know about this stuff :rolleyes: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

When is the software upgrade coming for my monster :Y:

I will be out this weekend to try the new update. What I don't understand yet, why run in Semi Auto? when we can run in Auto that is recommended.
Every one seems to be running semi auto in all the feed back i'm reading. Why? can someone explain this? Thanks Cheers

Finally had a chance to try out updated 7000 today - a lot more moaning across various settings (played with it a bit), only got 1 target, but the ground was really, really wet. This was with the 19" coil, hopefully it dries up a bit and can get back out there.

Cazalla, I got out for a quick run for about an hour this evening. Ground very wet and the Z was the noisiest it has been for a long time. Heaps of wet red clay sounding off. It's not the first time I've used it since the update so I'm confident it's got nothing to do with that - just saturated ground :Y:

Latest posts