GPZ7000: Info, Tips, Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Dam it!! :eek: :eek: :lol:

Well done mate, as MG says persistence pays!!! ;)

The GPZ is a bit of a challenge to get running smooth sometimes but it seems you are doing pretty good so far.

Keep at it mate and there will be more to come :D

I am yet to find some colour with mine but I am aiming at changing that next weekend!! ;) :D :D

What can I say ........................ who needs a rake when you have a size 14 boot :) Xclant

Great vid PT. I'm just curious at what threshold level and threshold pitch you running at mate?

SC75 said:
Well done dam it. The holey one looks pretty cool.
:) Thanks Old Mate
They are only small :) But :D Gold is Gold :D ... :lol:
I've only been sticking to the Mullok heaps , old worked areas ( SDC Country ) so far
But getting my head around the GPZ is not a walk in the forest and pick it up as well all know :|
The more time I use it the more confident I feel with it :D I was spoiled a bit with the SDC for 9 months . Thats a funny Detector ;)
After I spend some time ( sometimes 5 minutes :D sometimes 25 minutes :| ) setting it up Its a very exciting Detector to use as well .
But now Im rambling on :|

No you not mate :) and yes it did take me a good 12 months to get one with the Z but i only manage to get out once a fortnight but still there is more to learn especially when you travel to a new location. You definitely know how to find gold dam it, keep them coming mate.

PhaseTech said:
SC75 said:
Great vid PT. I'm just curious at what threshold level and threshold pitch you running at mate?

Thresh 27, pitch 50
I thought so PT. It sounds exactly the same as mine but my pitch is 52. cheers.

No Gold Today :( :( dam it :( :(
But ........Got my 1st Silver with the GPZ :D
1486883362_20170212_175947.jpg

1486883384_20170212_175957.jpg

Was @ about 250 mm :)
Was a Be ute a full day :lol: :lol: in the forest .
:Y:

7k owners can you groundbalance off basalt hot rocks?
Asking because I had to give up with gpx5000 in a goldfield with heaps of basalt rocks everywhere.Just too noisy to distinguish between hot rocks and targets unless it was an old axe or pick :(

What spares do you carry for the gpz please?

The remote speaker seems to last only about 4 hours, is this the case for you?

And a piece of sting question, how long do skid plates last?

Thanks.
Barry

You could always carry a power bank and when you take a break just plug it in to charge which should see you thru a full day :Y:

The wireless speaker can last up to 12 hours, have never really put a clock on it but it out lasts the Z battery and it runs for about 10 hours.

Carrying a spare skid plate is a good idea as they can wear and they are quite thin. I have a lower shaft coming to carry in the ute as these can break on the coil but have used mine pretty hard and am yet to break one.

I'm with Prooz. If you are talking about the WM12 I get a lot more than 4 hrs. Actually I've never had it go flat but I don't think I've ever done bigger than a 6 or 7 hr day. I'd take it back as long as you are sure you're recharging it properly, etc.
Good luck. :Y:

Nice one Dam It! Gotta love the Zed.

I'm with the others above in regards to the WM12 module usage time. It should last all day long. The Zed has always given up first. We generally start around 8am and go all day through until 6:30pm (with a half hour break for lunch and cuppa). Low battery warning on the detector is fairly consistent at that time each day, but the WM12 module is still going strong.

Cheers,
Shauno.

dam it said:
:D Meet up with RMoutback this morning
He was kind enough to take me to one of his Secret Locations :Y: :Y:
And it was ...... AWESOME ......
But the ground was HARDER than concrete :( Dead set a 70mm hole was a good 20 minute dig :eek: It was very hard ground ..
Someone once said " He Who Dares Wins "
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6727/1487483225_19feb2017.jpg

Was a great time again dam it :Y: , interesting to see a GPZ go over that HARD ground.

Latest posts