GPZ7000: Info, Tips, Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just use a pin-pointer for helping with deep targets but if the car is nearby I"ll grab the SDC or Gold Racer. I have kept my GPX for a few reasons.
1. GPZ and SDC can't be used close to high voltage powerlines or electric fences
2. I prefer to work the beaches with the GPX. Z doesn't have a salt mode and sdc coil is too small.
3. For open patch hunting the 5000 can be swung a little quicker and with a 17x13 Evo is still very light
4. I like to use the 14x9 Evo on the 5000 in very thick scrub. In that push and shove type detecting a bungy becomes redundant so a nice light combo is very welcome

But that is about it. Any other general prospecting work the Zed rules supreme

Noticed something that im sure is obvious to most detector users.

I swung over a target the other day and heard a muffled whistle and that was not straight away obviously a target to dig,but before i dug it up i played around with the threshold first and made the target a lot sharper by lowering the threshold only by two.

So only by a tiny adjustment I was able to make a muffled almost missable target become loud and clear and sharp.

Moral of the story is ,sometimes its easy to get used to a setting and not realise what your missing out on,and that your actually making it harder for yourself unless you experiment from time to time.

Hi LC76,
Just out of interest, what do you normally run the 7000 threshold at? for the most part mine is set to 22/23.
Thanks, SinHof.

With recent use of the 19 coil, I am becoming more sure it is better to use an external booster with volume control rather then setting a higher volume on the Z. You seem to be able to get a much smoother threshold with the volume down at 8 or lower. Be of interest to see whether the ML Prosonic achieves this.

:D @ 70-80 mm 0.102 gram
1484989281_21jan17rworth.jpg

I have only really started to use the GPZ more than the SDC this year :eek:
But the more time I spend with it the more confident I feel :D
So I thinks the SDC may be left as a back up for a while :D

Some Zed gold after an acid bath. May have posted this elsewhere on the forum.

1485079029_20170111_232816-1.jpg

Most of these were found using Threshold 26 or 27, Volume 9-12, Sens 8-11, Smoothing Off or Low, Difficult and HY or General using headphones. I just listen to what the machine is saying and make small adjustments as required.

Ive had to tape mine on Nenad. Have you used yours yet and does it stay on? Mine snaps on quite tight but falls off after a couple of swings and is now taped on.

Using mine tomorrow. Will take some tape along with me, although does seem snug

There will be slight differences in measurements between coils and skidplates. Also how many times you've removed the stock skidplate. So I can see them being quite tight to almost needing tape.

I use tape regardless as extra protection. The pvc tapes are very easy to take off and reapply when you want to give the coil a good clean.

My coil cover is a very tight fit. You need to ensure that all the plastic tabs are pushed hard up over the coil lip otherwise it will seem like it's on and will then fall off when swinging.

Luke said:
Question for GPZ owners.Do you guys keep your old detectors like GPX as backup or for some specific conditions or you sold them? After purchasing GPZ has been your old detector used again or never touched after?
I'm asking because I have enough money to get GPZ only if I sell my 5000. Should I keep it and save more money then buy Z??
Thanks for any thoughts

Most would sell their old detectors to get part of the funds for the expensive purchase.
After owning a GPZ since March 2015 i have NO INTENTION of returning to a GPX series detector.

Swinging & digging said:
Luke said:
Question for GPZ owners.Do you guys keep your old detectors like GPX as backup or for some specific conditions or you sold them? After purchasing GPZ has been your old detector used again or never touched after?
I'm asking because I have enough money to get GPZ only if I sell my 5000. Should I keep it and save more money then buy Z??
Thanks for any thoughts

Most would sell their old detectors to get part of the funds for the expensive purchase.
After owning a GPZ since March 2015 i have NO INTENTION of returning to a GPX series detector.

" I wouldn't bother buying a 7000. I have one and they aren't all they are made out to be. But that's just my opinion. I have been detecting for over 35 years, I have had more detectors than I care to mention and for almost 10k for a 7000 they are not worth it. Only benefit I find is they are better in iron stone ground, that's all.
cheers"
Those messages make me think if I should buy 7000 or keep 5000 :|

Luke I'd try and book in some time with Nenad Phase Tech and go out and see the 5000 and 7000 run side by side which may then give you a bench mark upon which to make your decision ? It is quite a jump from the price of a 5 to a Zee so I guess you have to try and work out if the extra you may find is worth the extra you will spend ? Could also be worth looking at keeping the 5000 and buying an SDC as that will compliment either in my opinion and also fill a gap that neither the Z or 5000 cover ? ;) Decisions decisions hey :)

:D Im starting to understand the GPZ more and more every time I use it :D
Some times it is a bit of a challenge to get it to run good , but im getting better at pressing the buttons and knowing what to press ;) .
Still nothing huge ( But there is still heaps still in the ground )
Yesterday I braved the SUN :| But he who dares WINS :D
The 2 bigger nuggys are GPZ
1486246426_4feb17rushworth.jpg

The holey one was maybe 70mm . 0.191 gram
The biggest was @ 100mm . 0.472 gram :D :D
And today its RAINING :(

Latest posts