3.8oz GPZ Find

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolute ripper Jay! A damn good day by any prospecting standards :D

You just answered a question I was about to ask the Zed owners on here. I was beginning to wonder why we hadn't heard much lately. Went a bit quiet there after the initial grace period. I guess we'll start to see finds increase with the ideal weather returning now.

Great to see some good nuggets coming to light though! Hope the area does well again for you.

Thanks for posting the settings used too.
All the best, kindest regards and good luck out there!
Shauno.

Syndyne said:
Absolute ripper Jay! A damn good day by any prospecting standards :D

You just answered a question I was about to ask the Zed owners on here. I was beginning to wonder why we hadn't heard much lately. Went a bit quiet there after the initial grace period. I guess we'll start to see finds increase with the ideal weather returning now.

Great to see some good nuggets coming to light though! Hope the area does well again for you.

Thanks for posting the settings used too.
All the best, kindest regards and good luck out there!
Shauno.

Thanks Shauno,

Would you believe I went back out there with high hopes, and after spending hours clearing the area of everything imaginable, i found nothing!! haha. Thats gold for you. Ah well, the fun is in the hunt.

Here is the vid of the 22 grammer i found 5 meters form the 3.8oz nugget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ND9avFDIyI

Good luck out there.

Nice work, farout. Well done. Got a nice drop tone last week and thought id had to be a nice nug, was a damn bullet down deep.

Redfin said:
Lovely piece Jay, that was a classic Zed signal.

True Redfin. Defiantly different to the 3.8oz nugget. It sure is a great feeling when they come up.

Good luck out there.

My last deepish hole was into some beautiful gravelly wash, about 10m away from where I picked up a 1 grammer. Thought I had 2 gram + bit for sure, but it was a crumpled up bit of foil!! Almost like someone intentionally put it there :(

PhaseTech said:
My last deepish hole was into some beautiful gravelly wash, about 10m away from where I picked up a 1 grammer. Thought I had 2 gram + bit for sure, but it was a crumpled up bit of foil!! Almost like someone intentionally put it there :(

Yeah probably was put there Nenad, I found a few well placed Ferrero Rocher foils scruned up and buried at Hill End, they give a very sweet sounding tone just like a small nug would, bastards! lol.

kinda like seeing the building anticipation of a video, congrats on a great day's/nights find...would have been hard to stop and go home from that outing.
looking forward to seeing more ;)

JayMowgrass said:
AuMan said:
Excellent find Jay!

The reason for the funny sounding response to me sounds like the nugget was picked up with a good response in more than 1 channel. Notice as you first swing toward it you start getting a rising response which then quickly swaps to a dropping response as the signal amplitude of the other channel becomes stronger than the amplitude of the first channel to pick it up. You always here a target response from the channel with the highest signal amplitude. If one channel has a falling response and the other a rising response of the same strength, you end up with a very confused response.

AuMan

Gday AuMan,

Thanks for the response. Makes perfect sense . i was a little confused at first and thought it may have neen a piece of wire. Iv found some nice deep nuggets with the Zed but none sounded like that. But i guess they were all about 10 tines smaller!! Thanks again.

Gday Lambs73,

They are my second pair, I'm a big fan. I get mine form overseas for $140 delivered if you want a link.

Hi mate,

I have to admit I love these boots. Super comfy, light, tuff and can wear them all day. I paid about $160 in ACT.

Regards

Lambi

Glad you like them Lambi. I agree, they are super comfy.
They have a metal eyelet on the top of the boot which doesn't get in the way of the coil, but i use it to remember what a good sounding target should sound like when I'm digging up a clay dome or when its been a long while between signals.

Good luck out there.

M latest vid is anyone in interested. Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKVEHrW53a8

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/fKVEHrW53a8[/video]

Latest posts