3.8oz GPZ Find

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayMowgrass

Jordan
Reaction score
Gday Folks.

Had a F*^$ing awesome (thanks Wooly) day out with the GPZ yesterday. Found 3 nice nuggets within about 20 meters from each other. A 3.8oz, 22g and 5g. The area is well detected and i can almost put my life on others being there before me. Im 99% sure the the big one was on standing upright potentially making it undetectable to pervious detectors. I guess we'll never know. It gave off a strange signal at first. Anyone know why?? I recorded the entire dig so check it out.

Settings were:
Difficuilt
High Yield
Audio Smoothing OFF
Auto Tracking OFF
Sensitivity 8
Threshold 25
Volume 12

They were all found around 12-15 inches down and although detected in High Yield, the 2 big ones were defiantly louder in General.

Happy Days!!!!

Stunning nugget, and a fantastic find, bet you are stoked with that one. Also good to see some larger nuggets appearing with the 7000. :)

What a great video of a cracka of a nugget :cool:

That one is going to give me the night horrors for a month, I can see myself waking up in a hot feverish sweat after dreaming of big nuggets already.

Excellent find Jay!

The reason for the funny sounding response to me sounds like the nugget was picked up with a good response in more than 1 channel. Notice as you first swing toward it you start getting a rising response which then quickly swaps to a dropping response as the signal amplitude of the other channel becomes stronger than the amplitude of the first channel to pick it up. You always here a target response from the channel with the highest signal amplitude. If one channel has a falling response and the other a rising response of the same strength, you end up with a very confused response.

AuMan

AuMan said:
Excellent find Jay!

The reason for the funny sounding response to me sounds like the nugget was picked up with a good response in more than 1 channel. Notice as you first swing toward it you start getting a rising response which then quickly swaps to a dropping response as the signal amplitude of the other channel becomes stronger than the amplitude of the first channel to pick it up. You always here a target response from the channel with the highest signal amplitude. If one channel has a falling response and the other a rising response of the same strength, you end up with a very confused response.

AuMan

Gday AuMan,

Thanks for the response. Makes perfect sense . i was a little confused at first and thought it may have neen a piece of wire. Iv found some nice deep nuggets with the Zed but none sounded like that. But i guess they were all about 10 tines smaller!! Thanks again.

Gday Lambs73,

They are my second pair, I'm a big fan. I get mine form overseas for $140 delivered if you want a link.

Well I'm often skeptical, but a big congratulations mate sounds like a dream day out.
More importantly though Thanks for the share and the great video.
Hope there's many more like that out there! Be sure to share if there is.

That is spectacular! I dont know how you managed no swear words when you seen it!

Thanks for sharing!

I haven't had a chance to watch the video, but looking at the new Avatar I reckon I know what all the fuss is about :)

Well done and may there be many more.... For everyone :p

JayMowgrass said:
AuMan said:
Excellent find Jay!

AuMan

Gday AuMan,

Thanks for the response. Makes perfect sense . i was a little confused at first and thought it may have neen a piece of wire. Iv found some nice deep nuggets with the Zed but none sounded like that. But i guess they were all about 10 tines smaller!! Thanks again.

Gday Lambs73,

They are my second pair, I'm a big fan. I get mine form overseas for $140 delivered if you want a link.

I would like a link please :)

Latest posts