Rushworth / Whroo area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ched66 said:
20xwater said:
ched66 said:
Thanx mbasko, wasn't sure how to get it to show up like that in my post..... Rushworth/Whroo is a nice area but the gold is deep! I do my bit for the environment while I'm there.....lead, shells, foil, cans etc........... :)

no go for an sdc ya reckon ey? :/

Might have some luck around the old mullock heaps, but it is mostly deep ground so not sure if you'd get the depth with the sdc.......I swing a 5k with 15 x 12

thanx mate but that's not what I bought it for and im not into scraps...I was lucky enough to be given a tour of the area by GT last year...there is a reason he hates the sdc :cool:

I had another smooth run south yesterday and last night...good to be back in vic :)

I don't hate the sdc. I love the sdc.
I hate people who own one and I hate that I don't have one yet..... :D

I reckon there more than a few places the blue machine would do alright. The Triangle is not far off things aren't going so well, especially if coming from qld!
Seen a few gullies and other places cleaned up with a gmt pretty hot deep ground not a bad place to push the sdc to its limits.

1431122880_img_20150509_080639.jpg

Just a start and far from comprehensive. Frenchmans, extended white hills area , Bowmans, Ayers, Scotsmans, Hardhills didn't rate a mention.

Metamorphic said:
Not many know the Whroo/Rushworth area better than our resident GT.

Remember mate, i have hacked into PM replies and can read them all..... ;)
Perkins gully (possibly parkins reef)
Windlass flat.
Reward offered for a map or concrete location of either.
Even the old blokes swear I'm mad but they did once exist.

Goldtarget said:

I reckon there more than a few places the blue machine would do alright. The Triangle is not far off things aren't going so well, especially if coming from qld!
Seen a few gullies and other places cleaned up with a gmt pretty hot deep ground not a bad place to push the sdc to its limits.

lol I know ya love em...might be there at daybreak tomorra...grey n light drizzle...what a downer...maybe monday :cool:

Goldtarget said:
Perkins gully (possibly parkins reef)
Windlass flat.
Reward offered for a map or concrete location of either.
Even the old blokes swear I'm mad but they did once exist.

Thats very interesting mate, you got me thinking and working late now.

Do you know the brothers with that lease not far from Doctors?

Peter came and spoke to me at camp on my last stay......top bloke, rushworth local he says.

His old man was a supervisor at Balaclava in its production days and his grandfather an original old timer out at Coy's diggings (Baileston)

Maybe he can shed some light?

:cool:

Was he detecting? I've tried the historical museum but no luck. I did run into a bloke a few months ago swinging an F1A4 so spoke a bit about balaclava and offered me maps, oddly my old man ran into him by description and vehicle this week swinging an Sdc near one of his properties. I didn't grab his number nor did I ask about the above places. Got me wondering now if it could be the same one you speak of.

Probably should join the prospectors Club there and put faces to names I'm sure there would be a lot of history in those minds. Might spend less time in trove!

Dunno mate, but i bet your dad would know the brothers (they would be in their late sixties at a guess)

Anyway, I will ask Pete about those places you speak of next time im there.

Will get my Co-ordinator of 'Exploration and Research' (BN) to investigate :p ......He will no doubt be reading this!

If they did exist, he will find them. :cool:

20xwater said:
Goldtarget said:

lol I know ya love em...might be there at daybreak tomorra...grey n light drizzle...what a downer...maybe monday :cool:
Went out today thought I might run into you with a bit of luck.
Happy hunting mate hope you get more than the handfuls of lead I picked up.
If you hang around a bit let me know love seeing the blue machines cleaning up.

Metamorphic said:
Dunno mate, but i bet your dad would know the brothers (they would be in their late sixties at a guess)

Anyway, I will ask Pete about those places you speak of next time im there.

Will get my Co-ordinator of 'Exploration and Research' (BN) to investigate :p ......He will no doubt be reading this!

If they did exist, he will find them. :cool:
Sounds good mate.

Went and had a look around there for giggles might ask, someone will know a surname. Found a few worked sites I've never been to before, plenty of targets nothing golden.

Goldtarget said:
20xwater said:
Goldtarget said:

Went out today thought I might run into you with a bit of luck.
Happy hunting mate hope you get more than the handfuls of lead I picked up.
If you hang around a bit let me know love seeing the blue machines cleaning up.

got here luch time...the junk in the ground in the gullys is a bit much ey...been driving and looking for shallow ground...found some but ive got no idea if there is gold there...no diggings anywhere...20k's out of town where its 'scrubby'?

anyone in the area want to come for a swing tomorra?

Try old lead off Murchison Rd unless you're after virgin patches, at least somewhere to start.

That puddler near blacksmiths I took you to on the north side of the second dam would be a good spot.

If I had a few hours I'd point out the shallow ground pretty deep in most places though.

Have some choice private property in Rushy if your keen 20x....at the base of some rich old timer reefs!

Cant get there till Wednesday though.... if your still going to be around then?

Is divided into 2 paddocked area's, the one that based the old homestead is quite trashy, but the ground is superbly covered in ironstone and quartz cap.

The other paddock is true virgin as far as i know.

If you're still around Friday meta send a holler. Spent a day testing picked up a new coil keen for some trash haha.

No worries mate....will do!

Just plugged in the mobile number you gave me bud.....send you a text friday with location co-ords.

Ya reckon Matt will come?

:cool:

No good mate. Caught up with him over the phone. Today is no good for him.I on the other hand am shortly about to depart and head Bush.

Latest posts