Rushworth / Whroo area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have a few weeks off coming up and was wondering if anyone has had any luck swinging a detector around the Rushworth / Whroo area?
Ive done a bit of google searching and noticed gold has been found there at times.
Looking to spend 2 or 3 nights up that way camping out under the stars and detecting with my 5000 during the day.
Any information would be great!
Cheers

Yep' it's one of my local areas when I want to kill 3-4 hours' well worth the trip for a few days around both areas mentioned but be prepared to dig some trash for a small return... But golds gold right?

Not many know the Whroo/Rushworth area better than our resident GT.

Remember mate, i have hacked into PM replies and can read them all..... ;)

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Yep' it's one of my local areas when I want to kill 3-4 hours' well worth the trip for a few days around both areas mentioned but be prepared to dig some trash for a small return... But golds gold right?

You are very lucky to only be a short drive away
From this area.

Metamorphic said:

I know a little bit mate and feel the pressure with statements like that. Plenty of blokes walking in that walk out with more than me.

As Zuke_Lynzy pointed out its a big area and I'm not much of a detectorist I can assure you.

1429046296_sdc10168_2.jpg

Whroo gold lovely to look at but hard work getting it. pinged these within six foot of each other

:D :D

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Thanks wolf, about 1/2 hr drive and an area that no one could cover in a lifetime.

Your welcome.

Spent a little bit of detecting time hunting coins
in that Area a long time ago when there were no
houses or shacks I could see in graytown centre.

Found some coins. Its a peaceful place with many
wild birds As you drive in.

I think the Deus will have no issue finding more
coins though The place has been hammered if you
know where to look.

silver said:
That is a nice looking specimen,... well found mbasko. :)

ched66 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com .09.40.jpg

Got this between Rushworth and Whroo, went back a coupla months later and pinged a really small speci outta the same trench

That's ched66's mate. I couldn't see the photo on the site so stuck it up rather then click on the link - so others could see it straight away too. Should have put something up to say that - sorry :8

I do agree - nice specci. Well found to ched66!

Goldtarget said:
Metamorphic said:

I know a little bit mate and feel the pressure with statements like that. Plenty of blokes walking in that walk out with more than me.

As Zuke_Lynzy pointed out its a big area and I'm not much of a detectorist I can assure you.

would you mind if I electronically loam your backyard with the sdc next week mate? hehe

Prospector Pete and I had a bit of a clean up out rushworth/whroo way and fixed up two old Fire places one with some concrete and a grate the other with a plow disk for a hot plate' then cooked up some tucker, if your lucky enough to find them at lunch time Enjoy'

thanks Pete for the hand and the beers!

1430557799_image.jpg

1430557822_image.jpg

Latest posts