Blackwood-Trentham area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great vids there detrack and thanks very much for posting all the info you have. It seems like a great little area to go to and like you mentioned an SDC would don very well there. How would a dry blower go in there :D I reckon when summer returns it might be on my to blow list.

Hi All

I Don't mind posting all this general Information just hope it will be some use to you all, I love research and best of all to head out and see it all for yourself at how hard they worked back then for a bit gold yes it might be abit over grown in some places but that good to me as it just means less would of bothered to try there luck.

Nuggetty creek is thick in parts you don't need much room to pan or run a small sluice.

On the Long Gully side were the surface and wash has taken place would still be a good place to start, still no water about but he is a Idea for you with all the ruts in the ground there now from the old times washing down why not form your own small dam with the mud and stone about that way the rain is coming you should bank up some water for a pan sample or a sluice from one to another.

MJB

At the best part of the year the ground in the area is damp so would not think a dry blow would work but I never tried so keep it in mind the next coming summer.

Here is a few shots of the PPB sample location along Albion Reef and as you can see one of the high reading is in the Au Surface area

12_zpsdnukhzoo.jpg

10_zpss2joamsy.jpg

11_zpsw72tbjjz.jpg

Hi there Detrac. Very giving and generous of you to share with Hard Luck and us. You have amazing research skills! Have you ever thought of having a seminar on how you do all the overlays on the 3D Topo maps. Possibly at the Laanacoorie Gold bash?
I for one would definitely sign up for that!
Hard Luck, Hope you score up there! I might catch up with you at the Pie cart!!! Regards Richard

Reef Rover said:
Hi there Detrac. Very giving and generous of you to share with Hard Luck and us. You have amazing research skills! Have you ever thought of having a seminar on how you do all the overlays on the 3D Topo maps. Possibly at the Laanacoorie Gold bash?
I for one would definitely sign up for that!
Hard Luck, Hope you score up there! I might catch up with you at the Pie cart!!! Regards Richard

Yes. Some great information shared.

Hope thedigger has some pie floaters going. :)

thedigger said:
I think I will set my pie cart up there next week!!!!!

Regards Frank

Frank

I like Pies, your mine friend I will help you sell them on site :lol:

ProspectorPete

You Quote : start of a new gold rush, we better set up a store as they made the most money picks,shovels and lots of sluice gear are in order as we speak ;)

Just think we have a reef on the cap of the ridge and on the west side and only 20 feet from the reef line they surfaced and lower down they wash every deep that got to tell you the gold was not very far off the reef at all and yet if you look at my vid and photos you will see Quartz piles about :rolleyes: You just got to ask yourself if the gold was in the Auriferous quartz's then that would made the soil Alluvium and Auriferous gravel then the Quartz's pile about should have some gold within it would you not think so :)( I know what you are thinking you just got to know) I would think to take a few buckets home and put them through the crusher.

14_zpsxlq0r0rr.jpg

13_zpsvr7ugegs.jpg

P-Pete

we can now sell rock crushers as well :lol:

This is getter better every minute. :D :D :D

Looks like the local store will make killing.

I'm waiting for a new coil and hope to get up there later this week for a few hours.
(where is the desperation emoticon) :8

I like your thinking Detrack making money is not my motivation though, given the option of fossicking for a day at a good location like this or manning a stall and making 2k for the day my choice will always be to go fossicking, I spend enough time at work during the week and never get enough time to get out fossicking.
Great idea for someone driven by making money though :D
You've been very generous with the effort and information given publicly which doesn't happen often, that says to me you're not driven by money either, just happy to share with others what's on offer...........either that or your next video will be of all the prospectors scrambling over one another to get to the top of the hill first this weekend which would be funny to see :lol:

As a relative newbie to prospecting I'm happy to just know a few spots to get out and have fun when I get the chance so information like this is great and very much appreciated, recovering my costs to what I've out-laid in gear.........well, I've spent thousands on fishing gear over the years, had plenty of fun and never sold a fish ;)

Pete

Your right mate not all prospectors are driven to gold for money but I have been very fortunate enough to find my share over the years and it has come from research like this, I am a hunter at heart and the chase is as good as a killer so I can never get enough foot walk in to look at what I research I just don't understand when I hear others say were do I go next or all the goldfields have been flogged to death and that the only way to find gold the latest and best detector plus coil.

That is why I have gone to the trouble which is no trouble to put it all together so newbie can see that it can only be a aid in walking over the gold if your in a gold bearing area and that it al starts at home in front of the screen you are looking at, yes many just only manage to get the time to get out and very little time through out the week so this should help there. Like everyone else on here I have not even had a probe myself on this spot but you can see this is what I do before I hit any area of interest, mybe only very fine gold there or there just might be a slug waiting for you to walk over it and I hope some one does find one , I know he will not post it here I bet you but if he does we better sell the store and put a toll gate in

All the best to those that give it try.

Cheers David ;)

But wait there is more :p

We know all about Albion reef and the surface work around it but never forget about other Geofeature's that are about just look at the other Reefs you see in the area, I mean the 5 that are on the raise to the south if you look you can see that they dive down into the surface-wash area and on one of my photos I show you that they have washed down to it.
Dsc00396_zpsyi4hkhus.jpg

Yet little work has been done on any of those reefs, it would still be worth a look from the surface area back up to the reefs and even down the slope from them would you not think so?

GeoRef%20Map_zps0lmfkm01.jpg

GE-%20Map_zpsninlatgw.jpg

Good sample
GE-%20Map-1_zpsqlrb8nf4.jpg

Yes very good info Detrack.
Im only 30mins drive from Blackwood, been detecting there for about 6 weeks just on weekends.
Detecting in long gully and nuggety, only getting old nails,pegs, bullets you name it and already filled up a small bucket of junk left behind from the old timers, shit load of digging, no need to go to the gym.
Its hard going down lower in the gullys, its all overgrown and getting eatin by leeches but will keep trying.

Im a bit late for this post but i went out today detecting in Blackwood for the 1st time and it was snowing, no bullshit it was snowing. Was a long day.
To bloody cold and a lot of nails.Lucky i brought my waders with me.
Will be sticking to Daylesford and Hepbern area.

Latest posts