Blackwood-Trentham area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been many years since I been out there now, not that far from me just going to head out there now and have a look

Amazing map skills Detrack...I wish I could do that. Be interesting what you find out there

Would it be worth taking some samples to bring home and run thru the high banker? I dnt know the area very well are any of the creeks worth looking at?

Hey next1m8,

The name of the gully that detrack has shown below the Albion reef is called Nuggety gully so that would be a good if not excellent reference to what was once found there. I would sample the creek for sure. If you have read up on the technique of loaming then the hillside leading into the creek would be a good place to start.

Best of luck mate

Just two hours having a walk around took some good photos and video of the digging that will give you all a good Idea what the area looks like.

Heading into me lb now but will post them later tonight.

David :)

Hi All

This is why you should never thing that areas that have little said about it is not worth a look, On the west side of Albion Reef there has been a control burn and it is very easy to see just how much work has been down off the reef line, the area closest to the reef has been surfaced to a depth of only 1 to 2 feet and further down the it has had a good was down with lots of larger rocks and Quartz's about.

5_zps5nfew0ud.jpg

Photo of the 1 to 2 feet surface area on the west side of Albion Reef
Dsc00399_zpscqklt2g5.jpg

Dsc00390_zpsm1su2d0r.jpg

Dsc00392_zps4ci9lcbj.jpg

Further down much deeper wash
Dsc00393_zpssk14v49e.jpg

Dsc00391_zpshps1visi.jpg

Laying in the bed of the deeper washed area's
Dsc00388_zpsa0bkryho.jpg

Dsc00396_zpsyi4hkhus.jpg

Dsc00395_zpswgsf55yz.jpg

Dsc00397_zpsrquq8jvp.jpg

These shots are on the east side of Albion Reef with the area has been washed down into Nuggetty Gully

Dsc00401_zps3udhcmbw.jpg

Dsc00398_zpslie3siee.jpg

Dsc00400_zpsnxmurtte.jpg

Will do the Video and should give you a lot better view on the Washed out areas.

cheers

Wow. Thanks for this Detrack.
I've been out there 3 times and have never seen an area like this. Just goes to show how much land is out there.

Looks like a great area to detect in.
Looking at some notes here and the area is well known for it's nuggets.

It'll probably take me a week to find the spot but oh well. I'll give it a good try. :D

Excellent work there Detrack, those pics say a lot about that area and it looks interesting for sure.
It could be a good area to have a meetup at some stage for a day or weekend for those interested.
Thanks for posting.

Hard Luck

Hello fellow Neighbour it only take me 40 mins from Werribee from blackwood Town you make your way north till you get to Yankee rd you can come in from Old Blackwood rd or keep heading north on the Greendale-Trentham rd,,,,,,,,,, either end and then turn into Albion track

Not all of Blackwood forest is full of bracken, lots of good open areas about and even more to work a pan or sluice about the creeks and gullies

6_zpsxo6tvs9w.jpg

ProspectorPete said:
Excellent work there Detrack, those pics say a lot about that area and it looks interesting for sure.
It could be a good area to have a meetup at some stage for a day or weekend for those interested.
Thanks for posting.

Long weekend coming up?

I'd definitely be interested. Not 100% sure if I could make it. Need to arrange care for the kids as there is no way they are going camping again...lol

I have a couple of options.

Next weekend I'm on call for work (23rd-29th), not sure if it's a long weekend with Anzac day falling on the Saturday now?
The earliest weekend for me would be 16-17th May unfortunately, I may be able to pull a day or two off work after the 29th though.
Keep it in mind and see how the weather goes.

Detrack said:
Here are the Video took I compressed them to e-mail size so hope you get a good general Idea of the area.

PS: Hard Luck, Did I se you in battery world a few weeks back, It was going to be your first time out with the kids ?

All the photos and video was taken with a cheap camera, Got it at K-Mart for $19 its called Audiosonic Action Camera

https://youtu.be/XDL9yRF4mqk

https://youtu.be/GsF0SZu2znc

http://youtu.be/RYytOX84g3c

https://youtu.be/zzVpL9aPIs0

https://youtu.be/LnCOwlie2kY

Awesome, Great vids. Thank you Detrack. I'd give those areas a try in a flash.

Yes that was me in battery world.

Detrack, great videos and I think you're going to start a new rush to the area :D
Thanks again for posting.

There are quite a few tracks leading down to Nuggety gully, some get a little tight, but if you know your car you will get thru, however we found the gully itself seriously overgrown, to the point where no bare ground could be seen at all. We have never bothered swinging the detectors there.
Yankee Gully shows fine specs when panning and is alot more accommodating. The creek has both wet and dry sections, depending when you go of course.

Latest posts