new find

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well found Ivo :D
Have just had a look in my token value book
There are 7 versions listed.
UNfortunately the pictures in the book are no where near as clear as your photo
Can you post a picture of the other side to help with identification

Sandta said:
Is soaking in oil now but I've found a pic of the obverse
1487458500_screenshot_20170219-095027-768x1365.jpg
:D

Ivo said:
Sandta said:
Is soaking in oil now but I've found a pic of the obverse https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...58500_screenshot_20170219-095027-768x1365.jpg :D

Interesting Image aye......Blind Folded woman holding a set of scales in one hand and the other hand is leaning on a horn, trumpet....

Blind Justice? lol

golddiggerart said:
Interesting Image aye......Blind Folded woman holding a set of scales in one hand and the other hand is leaning on a horn, trumpet....

Blind Justice? lol

I believe it may be the 'Horn of Plenty'....(cornucopia) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornucopia

Greek or Roman mythology first reference, later adopted in the US as part of the festivities of Thanksgiving.

I'd say it's US in origin due to the Lady Justice (Liberty?) and departing ship in the background..

GGA

Ivo said:
B5MECH said:
Danny13 said:
Nice pickup Ivo
Coin of the month there Ivo ;) Time to blow the competition wide open :lol: :lol: :lol: :Y:
Can't do that it has to go in the f.o.m it's a token :D
Nah com'on do it, here is what to post with it
Definition of a coin......, round circular metal patterned stamped which is used to pay for goods and services :lol: :lol:
Definition of a token......, round circular metal patterned stamped which was used to pay for goods and services :lol: :lol:
six of one and half a dozen the other :lol: :lol: :lol: if the mods have an issue I'll defend you ;) :Y:
We need some serious entries :cool:

Latest posts