My Minelab X-Terra 705 Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice little stumble Find there RT, my offsider found an exact same military button today (small one, Australia with crown above) along with some beaut old buckles. ours was at an old railway station though.

awesome coincidence :) its my 5th button now, but still wanting the rising suns! hoping this site has one for me :)

rocketaroo said:
Needed to get out today, stuff that I needed to clear my mind of. Hit an old faithful, and within minutes was pulling out coins, crappy BBs, but even they are fun, until the moment they see light of day lol Decided to try a different spot that I had noticed before, but looks a nothing area really. Got the 1907 penny, then minutes later the large aussie armed forces button! My mood muchly improved, love finding military stuff. Shortly after, another button! I thought, hmm whats going on here.....Anyway I spotted an old guy, walking his dog, and thought, I bet he knows something. So I walked-up, said gidday, and asked him if he could remember any buildings in this patch of scrub. He told me that he is 92, and remembers exactly what was there. I cant say what it was, fear lurkers will pounce on it. But, I have stumbled upon a WW2 military base :) I assume its been hit, because in 2.5 hours I shouldave found more relics.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4395/1439105239_buttonx.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4395/1439105180_the_lot.jpg
Awesome finds Rocket!

Another Ramrocket hunt today, the army site was a bust, we gave it a good go, and nothing but one penny, and BBs between us. Moved to another location, and did much better.

1439356157_florryg.jpg

Only my fourth ever florin, and the sixpence is 1944. Of course old Ramjet florin finger did better lol

Ramjet said:
Was a good hunt after we moved from to the 2nd site. Of course if Rocket gets on florin i had to get 2. :D

yep, I have only out silvered you once, but never matched you for florins. My day will come!

Never happen Rocket. Always carry a few spare silvers in the pocket just in case. Hahaha.

I should have said that Rockets silvers came from a"flogged out" spot. I've been there at least 3 times myself. Proves 3 things. No such thing as flogged out, Rockets abilities and machine are working fine. I wonder did I just miss them or is the 705 a better machine?

atpro punches above its class for sure, and the 705 with this coil does the same. The florin was a jumpy signal, but good enough to make me interested, prob at 8 inches though. The sixpence was an easy one, solid signal at 4 inches. Iron in the hole with both of them, its everywhere in that spot.

Ramjet said:
NAH. He squealed like a girl when that florin came out today. I heard him from way across the field. :p :D ;)

LOL that was quite a scene (is that true, rocket?) :lol:

Ramjet said:
I wonder did I just miss them or is the 705 a better machine?

Even an experienced metal detectorist passes by some targets, once in a while ;) But I think rocket has improved his coin hunting skills very quickly :D

My X-terrific as someone has called it before, is sleeping very soundly, because this year I couldn't go out earlier . Now with the rainy season (we are in the middle of it :eek: ) I have to wait till the showers calm down 8) then we'll see what I can do with the outing .

Latest posts