My Minelab X-Terra 705 Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
took off this arvo, for an afternoon hunt. First good find, a roo half, that was deep, easily 8 inches. Second was a weird horse badge, rang-up like a halfpenny, and almost as deep. Then the 2 bucks, at 3inches. I was heading towards a big tree, and planned on working in circles outwards from the base. Got a TDI of 16, which was solid from all directions......as I was digging, think c'mon be my second ever gold.....

popped at 2inches:
1438842538_goldgent.jpg

woooohoooo its 9ct, onyx, with hopefully a real diamond, but I dont see why it wouldnt be. I dug 3 more ring pulls, and because I didnt have my glasses couldnt read how many cts, or if it was really gold. So after just 30mins of detecting, I raced home to find out :) Looks better now that its clean, fits me, but is a bit loose.

Good one Rocket - must be giving Ramjet the willies that the student has out performed the teacher ... perhaps you will be able to talk RJ over to a Minelab so he can find gold too? What makes your ring find so nice is that it is a men's ring so at least you can wear it versus a woman's ring that is either lost to the Mrs or to the scrappers! What does it weigh?

Paulmarr said:
Good one Rocket - must be giving Ramjet the willies that the student has out performed the teacher ... perhaps you will be able to talk RJ over to a Minelab so he can find gold too? What makes your ring find so nice is that it is a men's ring so at least you can wear it versus a woman's ring that is either lost to the Mrs or to the scrappers! What does it weigh?

Haha Paul. It's not the machine but the operator. :D Rocket digs more lower tones than I do. Bloody nice ring eh.

Latest posts