My Minelab X-Terra 705 Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks rkt, I have a rough ide on what the frequencies are used for, just wondering which ones you found best for your conditions or if you were still just using the std coil that came with the unit... But thanks, never hurts to read a bit more. ;)

Another Ramrock hunt today, my highlight was 2 thrips, and one sixpence in the same hole :)

1434617344_3sils.jpg

Well, the post gods smiled and arrived home to my 705. Couldn't wait to get it in action so it was on with the trackies, hoody, headlamp and time to start working this puppy out.
An hour or so later a have a dead iPod, $2.12, a pewter box lid & a brass door piece. Bring me the morning quick. :)
1434715755_image.jpg

Little hunt this morning, a strip of turf, that shouldave had alot of coin traffic, at least back to the 50s, but not much after the early 80s. My detector immediately went nutz, falsing, until I backed off the sensitivity. Lotsa pig iron, small balls of rust in the soil. Anyway, I managed to pluck a few coins out :)

1434859121_shop.jpg

Ramjet said:
A few $$$ towards the next detector Rocket.
I was at The Entrance today and was dying to get my detector out but alas it stayed in the car. :(

Too much self control Rod! Lol

Geo2 said:
Very nice (rocketaroo) ! seems the machine is cooperating very well !

To be honest, I just starting to understand the 705. It wants to be a ctx, it tries to tell you to dig, even though the target appears to be junk. At least 4 of those goldies were crappy signals, and hardly registering if I turned 90 degrees. But I checked, because I am getting tuned-in to the machine.

rocketaroo said:
Great result! Silver as well :)

I was stoked with the threepence, right at my front gate too. 2 years ago there wasn't even grass there as all the topsoil had be taken in the floods. All the pre dec stuff was found where 2 of the main currents were ripping through at 70kph & 2m deep. :)

rocketaroo said:
Geo2 said:
Very nice (rocketaroo) ! seems the machine is cooperating very well !

To be honest, I just starting to understand the 705. It wants to be a ctx, it tries to tell you to dig, even though the target appears to be junk. At least 4 of those goldies were crappy signals, and hardly registering if I turned 90 degrees. But I checked, because I am getting tuned-in to the machine.

It is well worth investigation targets from different angles, I have had quite a few silvers recently that produced barely a whimper from one angle, but sang to me from another. In a lot of cases the coins were sitting upright (on edge) in the ground, or on a steep angle. Also works well for coins sitting close to iron or junk. :)

Latest posts