Wheelie bin Bazooka type sluice taking shape

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dug

Reaction score
1428222513_image.jpg
I got a few hours in today to continue with my sluice .
Here's a few photos.
1428222247_image.jpg

I ended up making the classifier I wanted it a bit longer than 3" and want to keep the flow as smooth as possible into the trap.
1428222668_image.jpg
1428222782_image.jpg

I am having a bit of trouble keeping it straight, but it's a great exercise and I can think of plenty more things to make with this plastic welder .
That's todays bit though ,the pressure system next .

that looks awesome and only the other day I was thinking about building something like that...out of ally though. I would be interested to see the design on the catch box though....the water jets idea has me intrigued 8)

I like the idea of the use of the garbage bin.
Might think about that on the trammel build I am doing.
Well done and I cant wait to see the end result and working away in a creek.
Cheers
Brad...

1428407357_image.jpg

Doing the math??
It's a bit of a quandary what hole diameter and spaceing to use ,3mm seems to be the go and don't have more area in little holes than the area of your pipe opening .that bit makes sense.

1428489022_image.jpg

Drilled the holes in a few poly risers this evening ,appxy 33/3mm each riser .
The're threaded so I can take them out clean them or change the pattern / diameter of holes.

1428489880_image.jpg

The spirit level and a few clamps have kept the plastic relatively straight with a bit of heat applied.

I know this an old (2015) post but I was wondering how it turned out.
Also what type of welder did u use. I've seen them on ebay for $70 ish.

Now that is creative and cool.

Question. With all the sluices out there available at reasonable prices, what spurred you to make one?

Latest posts