Tyres for the WA bush?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Wranglers also and wouldn't have anything else. Done to Cooper thing - nothing but side wall splits and the BFs lacked in mileage. Wranglers have just clocked 55000 and expect another 10-15000 before being retired to one of my trailers.

I run BFG TA KO's and have had good luck offroad for couple yrs with them. 3 ply sidewalls does the trick offroad to protect the bulge area, plus 8 ply tread. i hear there is a new BFG TA KO 2 available which is a bit tougher they say. They do run a bit rough on the road and a bit noisy but its the price you pay for peace of mind offroad. Not too many brands of tires out there with the 3 ply sidewalls.

Can anyone show some pics of where the side walls are getting damaged ? Im curious to see what the average height up from the road tread is. My mind is ticking over with inventions to help prevent it. :cool:

Also , what size hole is is present internally ? So perhaps a 25mm slice on the outside and a 5mm penetration inside etc.
As I said I really have some ideas in my head and would like some info to work on.

Gaz

The best thing for the bush is a a set of 16 ply tyres you can never go wrong with a set of them I use to do a little bit of work on a station and they use them on the mustering cars where you are constantly driving off of the track over burnt sticks in the pilbra

Latest posts