Nice rock crusher kit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks pretty neat !.
There's a bloke on u tube that shows you how to build something close to that ,he makes plane bearings and tempers the steel after building it . The drawings are shown too.

I am in the process of building one like that but it is bigger 60x40mm will post pictures tomorrow.

Regards Frank

Im interested too. I need something to break up the rocks before I tip it into the hammer mill

Here is a couple pictures of the crusher

kZZ99bzl.jpg

X3AIB3Vl.jpg

I am only going to use it for sampling runs of stone for gold.

Regards Frank

looks good mate... Is that pieces of leaf spring you are using?? how much lift/out of round has your cam got?? I am thinking of using a fairly small cam in my unit with a very heavy pulley on the shaft... :)

Yes that is truck spring.in regards to movement in the cam,it is about 5mm.
What I am going to cut a round fly wheel for the opposite side of the pulley,it will run at about 500 rpm,I am driving with a 1.5 hp 4 stroke motor.
If you need any more imfo just let me know.

Regards Frank

nice idea with the flywheel on the other side of the shaft from the driven pulley.. a car or truck fly wheel comes to mind.. the more weight and the bigger the diameter the better in my way thinking.. I will post a pic tomorrow of the very heavy pulley that I may use that is laying down the back on a buggered compressor head from the 1950,s ... old spring steel has to be better than mild steel I think for making some of these parts .. good ideas mate.. keep us posted as you go please... :)

Awesome mate now I'm going to have to pull mine out of the cupboard and Finnish it off.I was thinking about a small clutch system on the drive to allow slippage in case of rock jam ups putting load back through motor.if you could get the belts to slip on the pulleys would be the way out.any ways getting back on topic fantastic project mate.I will stay tuned to see the beast complete

Do not worry about a clutch,it is not needed,with a fly wheel,and 5mm movement on the cam,it will crush any stone that fits the mouth.
the tricky bit is the adjustment on the jaws,but that can be done.
I am going to make the fly wheel from a piece 12mm plate.

Regards Frank

1428134631_image.jpg

Is that the kind of flywheel your thinking of kawman ?
One day I'd like to make a flail crusher using the tank .

Yep that's the one mate, yours has an uncanny resemblance to mine... they have a very heavy flywheel indeed.. :)

The profile of something like these old fencing bars would work well I reckon.
Good steel and they would mesh together well ,plenty strong enough.
1428358196_image.jpg

Yeah mad world the long rods that do the grinding that you'd weld to the plates .they d fit pretty snug without much work I thaught .

Latest posts