Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay! Fixed today the square tubes to my two part walbanker. Still not finished yet. Got already the bread crate 15x15x9mm and the doormat from amazon. Now I need to search for that sloped expanded mesh here in germany.

Here are some pics:
1443549672_2.jpg

1443549672_3.jpg

1443549672_4.jpg

1443549672_5.jpg

1443549841_walbanker_ds_2part_001.jpg

hi wal we are getting there slowly but am having trouble getting the correct type of cable tray. We are in The Dandenongs in Victoria and was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. Does anyone know where to get one from. I am willing to pay costs plus postage. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

The cable tray is 600mm wide or use 2 pieces 300 mm wide and rivet them together
It is available from electrical suppliers like Middies or TLE.
You might end up with a full length but it is quite moderate in price. :D

daniel2015 said:
Yay! Fixed today the square tubes to my two part walbanker. Still not finished yet. Got already the bread crate 15x15x9mm and the doormat from amazon. Now I need to search for that sloped expanded mesh here in germany.

Hi daniel2015, that looks very nicely done !
As Tathradj said you may end up getting a full length piece but if you search around you may get left overs from building sites or metal workshops, good luck :)

thanks tahtradj i will give them a go i did see them but only looked on their website and nothing came up for cable trays. i will call them tomorrow thanks again :)

G'day Lisa,

The cable tray I use is 300mm wide and is the heavy duty version. It also comes in a lighter light gauge, but I find that version needs to much effort to stiffen up.

I use a section one metre long in my bankers. Like Tathra says, all major electrical wholesalers stock them in 2.5m lengths, so you get enough from one length to do two bankers. It's quite cheap at around 20 bucks a length.

Wal.

I didn't cause I could not be bothered. :D
Actually works bettera cause the slight instability adds to the effectiveness of the Banker.

Myazma said:
Should have drilled holes for legs on the angle needed, offset drill.

Tathradj said:
Actually works bettera cause the slight instability adds to the effectiveness of the Banker.

Myazma said:
And that's why the original is not built that way, common Doug nearly time to give up the guru status

Lisa said:
thanks tahtradj i will give them a go i did see them but only looked on their website and nothing came up for cable trays. i will call them tomorrow thanks again :)
I have a piece in my garage you can have for free. I live in eastern suburbs so not to far from you. I can give you a bread crate as well.

Never had a problem with it but it is best done.
I am not far off building another one. :D
Guru Status. ???

Myazma said:
Tathradj said:

Myazma said:
And that's why the original is not built that way, common Doug nearly time to give up the guru status

Thanks beagleboy. What suburb are you, we are in upwey. If you could email me xxxxxxxxx to organise that would be great.

Email address removed due to forum rules.
Please use either the Email or Private Messaging Functions.

Beagleboy said:
Lisa said:
I have a piece in my garage you can have for free. I live in eastern suburbs so not to far from you. I can give you a bread crate as well.

Thanks beagleboy. Can you read my post above. It's for you but just worked out how a forum works. Hahaha. Not just new at sluicing but also at forums. :lol:

Just found out that they don't allow email and I have to message you but can't find that function on the page. Hope you can help me.

Lisa said:
Beagleboy said:
Lisa said:

Thanks beagleboy. Can you read my post above. It's for you but just worked out how a forum works. Hahaha. Not just new at sluicing but also at forums. :lol:

Just found out that they don't allow email and I have to message you but can't find that function on the page. Hope you can help me.

As soon as you have made 10 posts Lisa the word Message will be seen next to your email function. Once you see that you can start using the PM's.

Wal.

WalnLiz said:
Lisa said:
Beagleboy said:
Lisa said:

As soon as you have made 10 posts Lisa the word Message will be seen next to your email function. Once you see that you can start using the PM's.

Wal.

Thanks Wal. Thought I was going crazy. I will put some pics up soon. We are nearly done. Just have the hopper , classifier which beagleboy has kindly helped us with and then the legs. Ohh and need to get a pump. Any suggestions on pump? I'm worried about weight really.

Gdy Lisa
If your going to build a wal banker the best water pump is the Honda wx15 cost $869 but well worth the cost.
If thats out of your price range you need to get a pump that can deliver water @ about 200ltrs per minute.

I run a WX15 Lisa, but there's plenty of pumps out there for less than half the price worth looking at as a first up pump. You need a minimum of 200L/min and intake / delivery ports of one and a half inch reduced to one inch for the spray bar. Get the lightest pump you can afford. ;)

Wal.