Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
headbut17 said:
Thanks for all the advice Wal gota get my pump yet , missus isnt happy with the price tag , but will get around that !!

Shop around for the pump mate....there's a few cheaper alternatives out there which may still do the job quite well. ;) Bottom line though is you get what you pay for , and in the long run, what you save in the beginning can sometimes cost you in the end. My best advice is check the "Head " rating of the pump. You very often have to pump a distance uphill and many pumps struggle with this....Cheers wal. :)

Hi Wal , Dont want to run the pump flat out to acheive the required preasure :mad: , rather at idle or low throttle :D on a bigger unit & I havent found too many do 240LPM, some small ones do 120 or 140 ,the WX15 will match my Prelude :cool:

wal I cant pm you, is that cause we havent done enough posts? :/
WalnLiz said:
No probs Banksy...Just send me a PM and I'll give you my details, and I'm sure we can make enough time available to guarantee Steven doesn't stray off track....Cheers Wal. :)

Private messaging is automatically unlocked at 10 posts.

Cheers,
Nugget

thanks nugget, I thought I was losing my mind trying to find the pm tab...lol :D
Nugget said:
Private messaging is automatically unlocked at 10 posts.

Cheers,
Nugget

G'day Ross,

When chasing "gold only" I generally clean up at the end of the day, if I'm in an Ironstone rich area such as Tuena. In other areas which are not as ironstone rich I clean up at the end of the weekend. (mostly go for 2 days at a time). When chasing "Sapphires" I clean up at the end of each day and run a 1/4" sieve at the end of the box which is checked each hour. The best you can expect with Sapphires is 90% recovery and 1 in 10 gets through into the sieve.

Cheers Wal. :)

ok so this is what steven has got done so far... :eek:
1368844078_001_800x600.jpg

Looking basically OK there Banksy, Bit hard to get flexible legs with that config though. Flexible legs are a huge advantage, and integral part, especially on the Sapphires. The main box and hopper look great....but "Please" PM me before you attempt the trapping sections as there is not a lot of flexibility here to have it working properly. Cheers Wal. :)

wal, the guy that welded the legs for steven, I think got a bit excited ;) even I had questioned the width of the legs :p will pm you so the two of you can catch up. thanks again.
WalnLiz said:
Looking basically OK there Banksy, Bit hard to get flexible legs with that config though. Flexible legs are a huge advantage, and integral part, especially on the Sapphires. The main box and hopper look great....but "Please" PM me before you attempt the trapping sections as there is not a lot of flexibility here to have it working properly. Cheers Wal. :)

It's not so much the width banksy, It's more the square box as it will be hard to find flexible legs to suit, Round conduit is about the cheapest and best material I have found over the years....talk soon, Cheers Wal, :)

Hi Wal,
What length did you cut your legs? (I assume you would have a feel for a good working height)!
Cheers Brad.

G'day Ross,

Yeh, the wx15 has 1 1/2 " outlet and the riser is 450 long x 25mm ID. They couple together using the standard fittings.

Cheers Wal.

Nice highbanker wal,,hey I'm subscibed to you on YouTube!!loved that nugget you got at Easter,along with the sapphire.awsome work!would love to have a crack at building one of these in the future!keep th vids coming mate!
:)

G'day Jason,

Glad you've been getting a few giggles out of the vids mate. If you ever build a similar banker just send me a PM and I'll talk you through the steps. ;) Heading over to your side of the country myself in 6 weeks time. Meeting up with a pro mate of mine in Halls Creek and will spend a couple of months in the Kimberly Region. I'll do a couple of vids while i"m over there just to keep everybody updated. Hoping to find a few that get Liz a bit "Excited", Best of luck, Cheers Wal. :)

Great thanks there wal,best of luck over this way and if you ever find yourself in the sth west give us a pm,I make a mean coffee!cant wait for more vids,love your wifes singing mate! :)

Latest posts