Around the traps with the sovereign

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought it only right to start a new thread with the christening of a new set up...
A few months back i picked up another sovereign, at the right price ;)
It too needed a bit of work to get it up and running, which i have now completely sorted out
so this morning i took it out for a test run with the 10" x 5" joey coil
I met up with Rocket around 1030 and before we knew it 4 hours had passed.. :rolleyes:
I am quite happy with the results :D
1426930340_image.jpg

6 pennies , a half penny and a rams head shilling
1426930506_image.jpg

Also found a broken stirrup ...Has 'solid nickel' stamped in the base
1426931028_image.jpg

The pile of rubbish... Not all detector rubbish , i pick up the surface litter as i walk over it too( as we all do)
1426930893_image.jpg

:p

Good on you for picking up the rubbish, the Sovereign looks like it is working just fine with those pre-decs. ;)

It looks like the junk would drive you mad but a nice haul just the same. Is this on the beach or a favorite little patch?

Phil

Looks like someone took to the 20c with a bench grinder, maybe they were not too fond of the queen. :lol:

I have actually seen a couple of 20c pieces like this myself (not through metal detecting though), they split like an oreo, one my Dad has, the other one was partly split and I got it in my change years ago.
What alerted me to it was that it sounded like one of those aluminium based coins that I think Malaysia uses/used when it was rattling around with the rest of the change it was with. Must have been a casting fault???

Latest posts