Coiltek 14" Mono Elite Coil information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took one of these coils out today for a bash wasnt overly impressed. My 11 minelab mono gave a much better response on small and large gold. I have the demo coil till monday to decide if i buy this or the new nf when rohan gets them out. Still leaning towards nf at this stage

** edit**

did some further testing on this coil the following day and ended up purchasing one, best all round coil Ive used as far as slid response on small gold .11 and solid 50cm on 15gs.

Hi Nenad I used one for a day was very impressed good target response very stable and quiet ,there have been some reports that the coil is noisy on certain ground I did not find this I think that some operators put a coil on and do not alter the settings to suit where they are working regards john :)

Scored this guy today, nearly 14" down. Good karma for filling in other peoples holes.

1433936112_20150610_131827-1.jpg

congrats .I was sure you were gunna ping one on the video, the lead sounded like a certain bit of gold, excellent tip about moving control box back for balance, how do you reckon it would crack on a 3500 ?,cheers Jed oh really enjoy your input on the forum 30 out of 10 Nenad

Mungass said:
congrats .I was sure you were gunna ping one on the video, the lead sounded like a certain bit of gold, excellent tip about moving control box back for balance, how do you reckon it would crack on a 3500 ?,cheers Jed oh really enjoy your input on the forum 30 out of 10 Nenad
Starting to wonder the same thing, perk the old gp series up good reports all round running on the gpx series at the moment definitely got a case of coil envy....look forward to a reply!

Goldtarget said:
Mungass said:
Starting to wonder the same thing, perk the old gp series up good reports all round running on the gpx series at the moment definitely got a case of coil envy....look forward to a reply!

Thanks Jed,

I recently sold my 3500 otherwise I could have tested it out. But know it well and I think it would run great in medium ground, but in hotter ground it may struggle. However I was suprised how well I could run the GPX in Sens Extra in that spot on the video. Ground noises are very drawn out, whereas target signals are very obvious. Being able to drop the Rx Gain is a definite advantage of the GPX series.

If you're quite savvy with the 3500 and know how to make the Tracking work for you, then it'll likely make a good combo, you'll just have to avoid the real hot patches - you know DD territory.

1434186103_img_20150613_185917.jpg

Well I won't die wondering now. I was going in to find out if I had to order one and I bought the "Hoffman" number 316 in the series. I'll echo exactly what Nenad has said (from my half day testing and I'm an amateur at best) this coil would be absolutely deadly pound for pound on small and large pieces on mild ground. I was about monoed out after 5 hours first half deep quiet ground, second half in noisy/variable/ thrashed still pulled targets, all in all it would be a standout on the gpx series I'm sure, perhaps it's best might be lost on me/3000 combo but I did enjoy the day.

It's actually really well balanced and a good all day digging weight, impressed.
Did some deep digging for these on ground that seen a few coils.
1434186865_img_20150613_191228.jpg

Hey GD, did you get a 14" skid plate included with the coil? Are they available as an accessory if they dont come with the coil?
I had a look on the CoilTek website and they do a 14" skid plate for another coil, but I dont know if it fits the Elite Mono.

Ian

Latest posts