Coiltek 14" Mono Elite Coil information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for the link Grubstake.

Been looking forward to seeing the capabilities of this coil. Wouldn't mind giving one a go. Nice to see them still thinking about changing the coil setups.

I've neglected the 5000 far too much in favour of the SDC on the last few trips. A possible larger, more sensitive coil could just be the opportunity needed to spark the old GPX up again.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this. Very interesting.
Cheers,
Shauno.

Yeah - there has been rumours about that it is going to be a variation of the DOD coil. I was probably more getting at the fact that if it was then it would cease to be a mono with 3 separate coil windings like a DOD. Coiltek have said it is a new type of mono?
I reckon it will more likely be a variant of a folded mono? Who knows - good marketing though.
New Minelab with 14" coil > new 14" coil for PI Minelabs > rumours & inuendo about what is "new" about it but nothing factual released = lots of interest from punters not wanting or able to upgrade to the 7000.
Still I'm hoping it is something new & improved. Just proves current GPX PI's & the older models aren't dead & buried yet.

Syndyne said:
Cheers for the link Grubstake.

Been looking forward to seeing the capabilities of this coil. Wouldn't mind giving one a go. Nice to see them still thinking about changing the coil setups.

I've neglected the 5000 far too much in favour of the SDC on the last few trips. A possible larger, more sensitive coil could just be the opportunity needed to spark the old GPX up again.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this. Very interesting.
Cheers,
Shauno.

Different settings too Shauno is making me want to fire up the 5k, I'm going to forget fine/gold for a while and try to use other settings, even with the 11"DD. New Mono elite looks interesting I agree, very keen to see results and one in action.

The SDC is the real deal fine/gold setting. :)

There is one other mono design and that's the garret infinium mono coil. I do believe it has two separate winding's one to tx and one to rx?

Roscoe said:
There is one other mono design and that's the garret infinium mono coil. I do believe it has two separate winding's one to tx and one to rx?
Sounds like a concentric coil, which has a similar detect pattern to a mono (both read down into the ground in a cone shape), but the two seperate tx/rx windings. Wasn't aware there was one for the infinium?

Roscoe said:
Very true, although they call it a mono technically its a concentric. scroll down to page 3 if your interested in seeing it.

http://www.garrettaustralia.com.au/content/searchcoil_tech_sheet.pdf

OMG, I'm not confused.......................................much! :eek:

Back in the '80's, Garrett used to produce that 'double coils around the perimeter' design for their VLF's and call it a "co-axial" coil!

Zakman I live near coiltek vic they have a coil that they have been letting people take out and use all report have been positive one person wanted to buy it there is a waiting list for them I have not used won yet regards john :)

Thanks Old Hand yes I see how the reviews go once its released.
Thks

grubstake said:
mbasko said:
...The Monoloop design coil has a single winding of wire on the outside edge of the coil - don't really know how innovative you can be with this? Fairly simple by design...

Perhaps Coiltek could be using a folded loop mono design like the Miner John coils for the TDI? http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/...ohn.html?SID=713c25b2cc8368e6860ab0d384023c73
In theory at least, these run more smoothly over mineralised gound and also have some resistance to EMI.

I put a Coiltek 16" round on my F1A4 and tested her out up near Burrendong on the eastern side. Found a top detecting spot feels like im in WA, not too much rubbish, quartz everywhere and we followed the quartz to the source. My point is, it was the most pleasant detecting i've ever had. Blood red dirt in some spots enough to drive most detectors crazy, peppered in white rock with small gullies, I got a lot of bullets and a few other items.

Detector with this combination outperformed a VLF that I thought should have picked this up over my detector.

When I get the 14" Nuggetfinder ill be able to compare the two coils ........I think I might make a video of the testing so people can see!

Hi all,

Just thought I'd mention that these coils are now available from suppliers.

Have one on the way as we speak and am looking forward to trying it out. Good excuse to dust the old 5K off and put it to proper use.

Kindest regards,
Shauno.

Syndyne said:
Hi all,

Just thought I'd mention that these coils are now available from suppliers.

Have one on the way as we speak and am looking forward to trying it out. Good excuse to dust the old 5K off and put it to proper use.

Kindest regards,
Shauno.

Pls keep us updated with the purchase and let us know your overall opinion on the coil
and the balance of teh detector.

Thanks

No problems at all Wolf. I'll throw it over the old basic testbed I have out here for a bit of practice -I definitely need some with the GPX as the SDC has spoiled me lately lol.

Looking forward to getting onto the proper patches around the Central West in the coming months with it though. That'll be the true test.

PhaseTech said:
Good one. I'm eager to see what they are capable of as well. Will be testing against the old faithful 15x12" mono.
Keep us posted if you do a video on the comparisons Nenad! Would appreciate that greatly. :)

All the best,
Shauno.

I used a 14 elite for a day last week on my 4500 with a B&Z booster found it to be a very stable coil excellent signal on targets a little bit on the heavy side but all round a very good coil.I was told that NF are testing and are going to release a new 14 round coil shortly regards john :)

old hand said:
I used a 14 elite for a day last week on my 4500 with a B&Z booster found it to be a very stable coil excellent signal on targets a little bit on the heavy side but all round a very good coil.I was told that NF are testing and are going to release a new 14 round coil shortly regards john :)

SSSOOOOOOO!!!! any news on the NF???

:)

Latest posts