Coiltek 14" Mono Elite Coil information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait so hang on.....

This $11,000 machine doesn't use the coils that I already own for Minelab PI machines???

Ben78 said:
Wait so hang on.....

This $11,000 machine doesn't use the coils that I already own for Minelab PI machines???

Ben do you still have the 5000?

i would like an update from coilteck when delivery and testing will be done ???

Zakman

mbasko said:
Ben78 said:
Wait so hang on.....

? Whats you talkin' bout Willis? :lol:

If Ben was born in 78 he probably has no clue what you are on about Mbasko :D

Different strokes for different folks

Hi guys I've been researching this New coils its arriving mid to late April. But after long discussion with friends I'm receiving a very mixed report. Obviously early days but I'm comparing it to the 14 inch Nugget Finder mono solid. Does any one have any factual information..

Thanks The ZakMan

I have the basics
New Coiltek 14" Mono Elite coil for the Minelab SD, GP and
GPX series of detectors. New innovative mono configuration
using LITZ wire, super sensitive with excellent stability. "So they say"

It's a fact that I can't find any patent registered on ipaustralia for a new innovative mono coil design from Coiltek. If it was truly innovative you would expect a patent on it? Perhaps a patent holder has licensed them to manufacture & sell?
The Monoloop design coil has a single winding of wire on the outside edge of the coil - don't really know how innovative you can be with this? Fairly simple by design & many people with technical nous make their own.
Camo lovers will love it.
If you can borrow a Nugget Finder give it a try. They have been using Litz wire already & are well known for stable, sensitive coils. Then once the Coiltek ones come out try it before buying if possible to compare?

Yes good advise, thanks Im slowly favouring the Nugget Finder again :)
Z

Speak with Andy at Coiktek maryborough who is a very
Experienced prospector and ask him about it.

He may have a sample one at the shop. If your in no
Hurry wait until a few others buy them and take it from
There.

grubstake said:
mbasko said:
...The Monoloop design coil has a single winding of wire on the outside edge of the coil - don't really know how innovative you can be with this? Fairly simple by design...

Perhaps Coiltek could be using a folded loop mono design like the Miner John coils for the TDI? http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/...ohn.html?SID=713c25b2cc8368e6860ab0d384023c73
In theory at least, these run more smoothly over mineralised gound and also have some resistance to EMI.

Its going to be very interesting. Not sure if there was a
patent on the Use of litz wire in coils as well and things
Have changed.

Zakman said:
New innovative mono configuration
using LITZ wire, super sensitive
These are the keywords to think about when thinking
About the new coil.

Wolfau said:
1. This coil is going to be interesting.

2. Already 14k likes on facebook.

3. Speak with Andy at Coiktek maryborough who is a very
He may have a sample one at the shop.

4. If your in no Hurry wait until a few others buy them and take it from
There.

5. All i know is my friend was after a 14" coil and he was told
To wait

6. Not sure how many windings it has or what shape it will
Be internally windings wise. Trevor at coiltek manufacturing
Might answer your question.
1. Possibly
2. Well if Facebook likes count we better all get one
3. Good call
4. Another good call
5. By whom - Coiktek? That hardly counts does it :lol:
6. If it has more than one winding won't it cease to be a monoloop?

grubstake said:
mbasko said:
...The Monoloop design coil has a single winding of wire on the outside edge of the coil - don't really know how innovative you can be with this? Fairly simple by design...

Perhaps Coiltek could be using a folded loop mono design like the Miner John coils for the TDI? http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/...ohn.html?SID=713c25b2cc8368e6860ab0d384023c73
In theory at least, these run more smoothly over mineralised gound and also have some resistance to EMI.
Could be possible if theres no patent. May not be as Reg Sniff came up with the design of a slightly larger single winding than needed then pinching & folding back to form a smaller elliptical centre that had better sensitivity to small gold. I do believe I read that Reg gave Miner John the design but not 100% on that?

Wolfau said:
grubstake said:
mbasko said:

Its going to be very interesting. Not sure if there was a
patent on the Use of litz wire in coils as well and things
Have changed.

Zakman said:
New innovative mono configuration
using LITZ wire, super sensitive
These are the keywords to think about when thinking
About the new coil.
Minelab did have a patent on using Litz wire in metal detecting coils. Maybe lapsed or they have allowed Coiltek to make them?
Hopefully it is a new, innovative configuration. Could also be a grab at a market of people looking to buy a coil that they think might match the 14" DOD? We'll wait & see I guess.

Hi

Just a few extra points of interest from my about post; through my contact who has actually used this coil in test. The new coiltek 14 inch does appear to be a bit heavier than the Nugget Finder 14 inch (Possibly because it has more wire) and its very good on small fine gold.

The ZakMan

So Time will tell.
I heard a rumour that it going to cost around $400 + but not confirmed.

mbasko said:
Wolfau said:
1. This coil is going to be interesting.

2. Already 14k likes on facebook.

3. Speak with Andy at Coiktek maryborough who is a very
He may have a sample one at the shop.

4. If your in no Hurry wait until a few others buy them and take it from
There.

5. All i know is my friend was after a 14" coil and he was told
To wait

6. Not sure how many windings it has or what shape it will
Be internally windings wise. Trevor at coiltek manufacturing
Might answer your question.
1. Possibly
2. Well if Facebook likes count we better all get one
3. Good call
4. Another good call
5. By whom - Coiktek? That hardly counts does it :lol:
6. If it has more than one winding won't it cease to be a monoloop?

g'day mbasko
for your point no 6, I have a feeling where there talking about the amount of windings there referring to turns per inch in the wire to change the resistance. could be wrong but that's the impression I got.
I'm really hoping they have caught onto the new way of doing mono's with an extra winding around the outside encasing the main wire loop to make them run silent on hot ground. time will tell
regards trashy

Latest posts