XP Deus on Special

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm chiming in a bit late on this post but you can get one on eBay, landed here, including customs duty, for 1600 Oz money. I don't call $1950 a good deal.

SunriseBoy said:
I know I'm chiming in a bit late on this post but you can get one on eBay, landed here, including customs duty, for 1600 Oz money. I don't call $1950 a good deal.

That ~$AU1,600 Deus (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XP-DEUS-...R-STOCK-NEW-/231688933649?hash=item35f1bc9111) is the US 'starter' model (comprising coil, stem and backphones), which is not the same as the model usually advertised here in Australia. The US starter model used to be sold here as the Deus 'Lite' and lacks the remote controller (usually stem-mounted). Because of the modular nature of the Deus system, the detector can also be controlled from the backphone headphones, or even just the removable controller component of those headphones, so the remote controller is effectively optional (and as such, sells for around $AU500 separately).

Correct, my combo would cost between $2500-2700 au, including shipping and duties if bought from the US on Ebay. Better off purchasing in Euros at a more friendly exchange rate, or shopping around locally for quotes and availability.

Thanks for that. I was looking at the YT video of one and appeared to be a fairly good performer. But then I saw another and wouldn't pick up a 2 grammer at a few inches.

grubstake said:
SunriseBoy said:

That ~$AU1,600 Deus (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XP-DEUS-...R-STOCK-NEW-/231688933649?hash=item35f1bc9111) is the US 'starter' model (comprising coil, stem and backphones), which is not the same as the model usually advertised here in Australia. The US starter model used to be sold here as the Deus 'Lite' and lacks the remote controller (usually stem-mounted). Because of the modular nature of the Deus system, the detector can also be controlled from the backphone headphones, or even just the removable controller component of those headphones, so the remote controller is effectively optional (and as such, sells for around $AU500 separately).

Point taken GS. Thanks for straightening me out on that.

SunriseBoy said:
Thanks for that. I was looking at the YT video of one and appeared to be a fairly good performer. But then I saw another and wouldn't pick up a 2 grammer at a few inches.

Are you sure that other clip wasn't a 0.2 grammer, not 2gms? The Deus should scream on a 2 grammer at 2 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts