Doug Stone's NSW gold atlas and maps information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just enquiring if anyone knows when the new Doug Stone Gold Atlas is coming out?? I know that he was doing a NSW one which is suppose to be very detailed. I had a search for it but all I could find was 'Coming soon'.

See it first at the Dubbo Unlock the Bush Muster next weekend.

Over 25 new maps....same format as the WA and Vic ones.

NAPFA is happy to see this atlas out as it will help fossickers locate the diggings!

Doug has put a lot of work into it, including many field trips over the past year.

regards

Stephen
President
NAPFA

Thanks Stephen and Trashy. I was hoping it will be soon. I will have to get into the book shop and order it. :)

Brother-in-law bought one at the Dubbo Muster, $100 and something, Doug signed it so he is happy all he has to do now is get out and find some yella.
Cheers
Mackka

I had a quick look at it the other day, couldn't find anything around Oberon. Can anyone who has the book confirm that?

Just wondering how many people use these.and their thoughts on the info covered by them.

I got the NSW one for my birthday, not bad, will put you in the right areas to find Gold and gives a decent layout of the crown land areas and no go places.

With decent research there's little that can't be found on this forum or some other researching on google. Will save time on research for newbies no doubt.

Give Terry a ring at Detecta Den. He's pretty irate at the moment with known "Named" mine shafts showing up on his property, when they're no where near there and across the other side of a major river from him. Getting lots of trespassers on his land by people looking for these mines, thinking they're accurately marked. They're correct on the Geo Map, but not on Dougs maps. Personally know of many similar errors myself.

In saying that, they're an OK map to get you " In the vicinity ", if you don't want to spend time researching mines department records, and Geological maps. ;)

Wal.

WalnLiz said:
Give Terry a ring at Detecta Den. He's pretty irate at the moment with known "Named" mine shafts showing up on his property, when they're no where near there and across the other side of a major river from him. Getting lots of trespassers on his land by people looking for these mines, thinking they're accurately marked. They're correct on the Geo Map, but not on Dougs maps. Personally know of many similar errors myself.

In saying that, they're an OK map to get you " In the vicinity ", if you don't want to spend time researching mines department records, and Geological maps. ;)

Wal.

Hmmm not real good Wal, I would not be happy either. Any chance you can pm me the map in question out of interest, would never want to trespass on private land. I'll keep the info to myself. All good if not, will ring Detecta Den otherwise.

I was thinking there might be some map discrepencies.as i have found alot of gps locations are close but some are like 1km off.i think if you wrote a gold prospecting book Wal ,you might sell as many if not more than Doug Stone :D .i don't know any prospectors that haven't watched a walnliz video.The Walbanker is very popular.

I am getting a nsw gold atlas for christmas.but i am not supposed to know.so i guess i will have to act surprized christmas morning ;)

ausniper said:
I was thinking there might be some map discrepencies.as i have found alot of gps locations are close but some are like 1km off.i think if you wrote a gold prospecting book Wal ,you might sell as many if not more than Doug Stone :D .i don't know any prospectors that haven't watched a walnliz video.The Walbanker is very popular.

Maybe one day when my legs give up on me I'll put my research folders and mud maps to pen and paper. Much of my folders are from info passed down from some pretty old prospectors, many who are no longer with us, and as such I respect them too much to share their locations. A prospectors journal will be definitely on the agenda sometime down the track. ;)

Wal.

WalnLiz said:
ausniper said:

Maybe one day when my legs give up on me I'll put my research folders and mud maps to pen and paper. Much of my folders are from info passed down from some pretty old prospectors, many who are no longer with us, and as such I respect them too much to share their locations. A prospectors journal will be definitely on the agenda sometime down the track. ;)

Wal.

I'd like to read that Wal would be some good stuff stored in your mind for sure. :)

I would like to pre order one now wal.lol.i don't think any book will ever say x marks the spot ,dig hear and use my pan.just a good collection of info that has accurate maps and be easy to use.i think the doug stone ones are probably all we have at the moment.i would like to add that i have a NSW dept of mines book which has detailed maps small and large of dredged creeks and rivers and unworked leases throughout nsw.also contains all records of amounts and company names.and also has a detailed blue print of how to build a gold dredge like tony beets on gold rush.as well as rocker box's and sluices.never thought the dept of mines would make such a book . :eek:

ausniper said:
I would like to pre order one now wal.lol.i don't think any book will ever say x marks the spot ,dig hear and use my pan.just a good collection of info that has accurate maps and be easy to use.i think the doug stone ones are probably all we have at the moment.i would like to add that i have a NSW dept of mines book which has detailed maps small and large of dredged creeks and rivers and unworked leases throughout nsw.also contains all records of amounts and company names.and also has a detailed blue print of how to build a gold dredge like tony beets on gold rush.as well as rocker box's and sluices.never thought the dept of mines would make such a book . :eek:

Sounds like a great recourse. Whee can I get a copy?