GPX Control Box Covers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldquest

Giancarlo
Reaction score
Can someone advise me where I can buy a Soft Cover for my Minelab GPX5000?
Thank you

You mean like a bag or a box cover?

I have one of the Wisterma Box Covers on mine, I like it, its a full cover up and has a pouch sewn on the side which I toss all the little bits of rubbish in as I go.

If you mean a bag, I'd get a small surf board bag. Last thing you want in the car is a bag with a dirty big Minelab logo on it...

Just after any info on the best control box cover for a 5000 :cool: something that is strong , and doesn't rub all the paint of the sides of the control box :eek: sorry if this has been brought up before :rolleyes: I had a quick look and came up with nothing :8 Thank for any replies :cool:

hi googs
DD Leather in Bendigo make a good one that has flaps at both ends, I find it protects the back end (screen) when detecting around trees from the branches sticking out and offers a small bit of protection from rain if you get caught away from your car so you can get back.
it does not keep the dust out though and not sure if it rubs as I have a wet suit cover inside the DD just for added protection.
regards trashy

did someone already used the controlbox cover with the battery box attached? it looks pretty handy but I m not sure about the weight (even with the gpx attached to the bag)
1402707955_1934292.jpg

I use Double D ones. Had the battery in it with a light weight LIPO battery for the SD2200D but don't put the GPX battery in it often. Do have a short lead etc. that allows me to do it but it is a fair bit heavier than the LIPO I was using on the SD. I use it now to keep a small first aid kit in & anything else like maps, detector settingsetc. so it is still handy. The Aussie made Double D Leather ones have end covers as well & are only $75 too rather than $95 + shipping for the yanky version.

1402709577_kgrhqrhjemfg5i9djbrzonfctgq60_57-74x74.jpg

http://doubledleather.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=75
"Please buy Australian made as it keeps jobs HERE " ;)

G'day all. Just after some help finding a control box cover for a 5000 with a integrated battery pouch. I want to do without the harness. Add your thoughts on this set up also . Thanks everyone . :)

http://doubledleather.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=18&product_id=75

I can recommend these. Had them on my SD2200D & GPX5000. Good Aussie made covers.
They fit the GPX battery & also have an internal pouch to keep settings, map, permits etc.

If you go back to the harness the pouch is good for a small first aid kit etc. They also have end caps to keep a bit of dust out + some protection if caught in a light shower.

Goodo. Thanks mate I'll check them out . It would just be good to do without the power lead connected to you while your digging .

mbasko I really like the look of these, my only concern is the extra weight on the end of the machine.
Did this put the balance out and make it any harder to hold the machine??

Brutus and me said:
mbasko I really like the look of these, my only concern is the extra weight on the end of the machine.
Did this put the balance out and make it any harder to hold the machine??

I own Ismaels Little Ripper Wireless Battery Booster.

Had the battery on the right side of my machine box with no issue squeezed in between detector box
and coiltek detector box cover. The battery though is light and could be lighter than the Minelab supplied
battery.

There are also a number of different battery setups which may weigh less that can be purchased and used.

Hope this helps.

I would love to be harness free,,,,, its only 75 bux so worth a shot. Yeah I can work my booster on there somewhere.
I was just concerned about having to push the coil down with the extra weight on the back.

Brutus and me said:
I would love to be harness free,,,,, its only 75 bux so worth a shot. Yeah I can work my booster on there somewhere.
I was just concerned about having to push the coil down with the extra weight on the back.

This is the battery setup I was talking about. These look much lighter than the standard battery.

You may be able to make your own not sure. mbasko may chime in.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Minelab-...66?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3a7fbb0342

I can tell you now its awesome walking around detecting with no cables.

Hope this helps.

oh I like that,,,,, will try the cheaper pouch first then can afford a sadie lol,
Yeah I would like to know what mbasko thinks of the counter balance issue if the is one

I am getting a GPX5000 and my battery will be connected and will sit on the side of the 5000 control
box. No issue with weight or balance with my gp but its sitting tight against the box. Its not sitting in a pouch
an inch or 2 away.

mbasko may know of a link where you can make your own battery setup saving you some money.

Latest posts