GP3500 or SDC2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi there,
after some help from more seasoned/knowledgeable colour chasers, I recently purchased the Whites SPP and find it a treat to operate nice and simple, however looking at adding to my gold hunting gear which consists of the SPP, a home made sluice, walco pick and 3 pans.

was thinking of a 3500, but then wondered am I best off saving for a bit more and buying a sdc2300...? obviously the 2300 is waterproof, better on small targets and is newer technology hence price dif, but 3500 better on deep targets ... I guess its not really comparing apples with apples the 3500 against the 2300 but just looking for any advice on this one .

cheers.

I'm no expert or seasoned but from what I've seen and heard in the field go with the SDC most of the guys I meet using the SDC say they are finding more colour on ground they have covered regularly with their 5000's.

Yeah +2 for the SDC. To get the best bang on little bits on the GP3500 you need to go mono coil and preferably run it in Sensitive. Then you will get ground noises and there's a bit of a learning curve. Even still with these settings, the SDC will beat it on most sub grammers, and in particular the prickly, ironstone or quartz specie pieces. Put an 11" Mono or 14" DD coil on the 3500 and it will beat the SDC on depth on lumpy bits over a gram, but most of these have been cleaned up in the known/easily accessible sites.

yeah me aswell,,,,,, I run the 5000 and after working some people with the 2300 I was very impressed. Nothing real deep, but an easy machine to use and great in bushy ground

No expert, started swinging with a mate who owned 2 5ks, Found the learning curve on the
5k hard. Went out a few times on my own and left it in factory setting. Purchased the sdc
and found it easey to turn on and go.

Latest posts