SD2200d or Extreme with gold button mod?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi all, I'm looking at one or the other, sd2200d unmodded or gp extreme with a gold button mod.
Both are roughly the same price, but which one is better, I'm moving from vlf so new to pi.
Any info/comments, pros/cons would be great.
The interweb has too much info, so I would like comments from people who have used 1 or the other, or both, please.
Cheers,
Paul

hey Paul, could you enlighten us as to what the "Gold button mod" is please?
or are you referring to a ground balance button.

Hi Redfin, yes that's correct, I just put what is in the advert for the detector. Its a quick GB button.

Thanks for the info guys, sorry about the delay.
so I eventually got the gp extreme, with 5 coils, 2 batteries, 12 & 240v chargers, padded carry bag and headphones for $1,300. Its standard and un-mollested (un-modded). I didnt want to spend too much as it wont get used every week. Cant wait to get it, ill post updates as and when I use it.
Cheers,
Paul

1437105927_ad_1437105771933.jpg

heres a pic of my new gear. Im not sure what the coils are but there is a mono in there practically brand new.

Looks like you've got the 11" Extreme DD, 18" Extreme DD, possibly a Nugget Finder 16" XP DD, possibly an older Nugget Finder 16" mono & a newer Nugget Finder Advantage 12" mono coil. Bit hard to tell from the photo but a pretty good selection if I'm right.
If that is an old NF XP coil they are sought after by some. Some info on use etc. if it is:
http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t320-16-dd-nugget-finder-xp-switch

I had a extreme with the GB button I ground a lot of gold with it I was using a mono coil on it great detector the only thing is make sure its the last of the extremes they had less troubles ,but I think that all the bugs should be ironed out regards john :)

Ill send it in to minelab when it arrives, they can give it a tune up.
is the gb mod easy to do?
cheers,
Paul

If you google gold button or ground balance button on gp extreme you should find how to do it with good pictures parts are about $15 regards john :)

Paul, I still have a handle with a switch on the top and the loom ready to go if you're interested.

Latest posts