Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the substantial speculated price hike I will be taking a back seat on this model though one of my prospecting friends is already on the waiting list and rubbing his hands together, So I will get to watch the GPZ in action first hand and if its plucking yellow like feathers from a chicken I will take the plunge.

Cheers.

SHREEVE said:
Given the substantial speculated price hike I will be taking a back seat on this model though one of my prospecting friends is already on the waiting list and rubbing his hands together, So I will get to watch the GPZ in action first hand and if its plucking yellow like feathers from a chicken I will take the plunge.

Cheers.

I just got a price from my Dealer and it is 8000.00 /$15,280.00 AUD and that's confirmed by the Owner of the company, which equals 18 TDI SLs at that Price.

john

Ridge Runner said:
SHREEVE said:

Cheers.

I just got a price from my Dealer and it is 8000.00 /$15,280.00 AUD and that's confirmed by the Owner of the company, which equals 18 TDI SLs at that Price.

john
It'll be cheaper than 15K in Aus.
A GPX5000 costs a bit over 4000 pounds, or $8100AUD. And the AUD isn't terribly strong at the moment (thanks Abbott). Not too bad if your coming back from the UK to Aus though :p

AusFX said:
Ridge Runner said:
SHREEVE said:

Cheers.

john
It'll be cheaper than 15K in Aus.
A GPX5000 costs a bit over 4000 pounds, or $8100AUD. And the AUD isn't terribly strong at the moment (thanks Abbott). Not too bad if your coming back from the UK to Aus though :p

Yeah I was expecting him to say about 5500 to 6000 quid then he told me it was 8000 pounds x that by 1.91 =15,280 AUD.
He also told me that they are only getting ONE of them, why I don't know but they just wont sell here, but he has a GPX 4800 at a good price,

In my last post I wrote 18 TDI SLs I ment 8

John

i think they have really focused on ease of use, the problem with the GPX was people with no understanding went straight to it rather than buying a sd2100 learning the basics then upgrading. these new players complained about not finding gold. i think reduced settings will make a huge difference

silver said:
All this talk about 10k, 12k, 15k, start talking realistically and stick it to em, start telling everyone you wouldn't pay more than 6.5k and that's final,... otherwise I've got no sympathy for anyone when they make you pay all that extra money for nothing,...(ha).

Couldn't agree more ...... 1st rule of negotiation is to NOT let the seller know what you're willing to pay ....
Gee that's a nice HZ Ute, give you $18,000 for it ....
Great you can have it....
Geez dark that bloke was a fool only wanted $12,000 for it but hey ...

You get the drift, they see posts as an indication of what the market may expect to pay and probably use it (only a small degree in all probability) as part of their pricing strategy.

Sure most of you wouldn't buy anything else by stating up front what your willing to pay.
Cheers T.

i agree but don't think minelab are basing their pricing model on what we say in the forums, its more to do with economic figures, how much we spend on x each year i.e. hobbies, fitness products, vitamins etc. all these factors will determine a launch figure that a "new" market will accept. don't forget fellas we are not the only market they are after everyone that's why we have the corny promo vidoes with dj's making music with detectors and hot chicks on the beach. how many bloke last year did you meet that came into prospecting bought a GPX5000 and ended up selling it and buying a highbanker.... i reckon i personally meat at least 15 over the year. then there are the backpackers.... come in live the dream sell everything go home.....

i reckon we are a very small % of the target market myself i think this is confirmed by removing personalization as models grow...

and never pay full price!!! that's a fools game, at least get them to throw in a cable clip or something :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoLHd0_jYYk

From the start the rumors were that it was going to be 8-9k matching the SDC2300 & GPX package, after all the speculation and the fact people can't wait for atleast the first real Review' it wouldn't surprize me if it was 11k. Even tho we all know it's a plastic box with $500 worth of electronics in it' the SDC is impressive but not quite what Minelab first advertised that it could do...

I paid $400 for a fishing Reel once' it still caught fish just like the old one in the same area.

Zuke_Lynzy said:

From the start the rumors were that it was going to be 8-9k matching the SDC2300 & GPX package, after all the speculation and the fact people can't wait for atleast the first real Review' it wouldn't surprize me if it was 11k. Even tho we all know it's a plastic box with $500 worth of electronics in it' the SDC is impressive but not quite what Minelab first advertised that it could do...

I paid $400 for a fishing Reel once' it still caught fish just like the old one in the same area.

Hey Zuke
What did they say it could do that you think it can't ??? honest question mate, just interested in your thoughts.

cheers
Lee

Looks impressive. Getting gear lust........ :)

The GPX is'nt that hard to use if you understand the controls, the stabiliser was the thing that confused a lot of people, getting the thing running smooth is also an issue in tough conditions and takes practice with knowing which settings to use for a particular situation.

hmmm, buy the GPZ and give up 6 months of living in places like this. Picture taken this morning. Nice cool breeze up on the cliffs,slept like a log and thankfully no dreams of falling :p...Been here 3 days and seen zero,zip,nobody.. Man I wish I could afford both :D
16326395570_e8df849cd1_c.jpg

16326395090_81c0ef78c8_c.jpg

dont know how they could justify the $11k if they offered a "less software" version. I would have thought that would increase fraud...imagine the ebay sales of "cracked software' chips :)

if i owned minelab id just give everyone on PA a free detector :)

Ridge Runner said:
Yeah I was expecting him to say about 5500 to 6000 quid then he told me it was 8000 pounds x that by 1.91 =15,280 AUD.
He also told me that they are only getting ONE of them, why I don't know but they just wont sell here, but he has a GPX 4800 at a good price,

John
There just isn't a market for PI's over here like there is in Aus. People like the discrimination they get from VLF's. Although I think there are a few people who use GPX's.

I guess that is because the UK has seen the Iron Age, we apparently have only seen one mother of a Lead Age and VLF or PI ain't going to help me discriminate it out.

Got me thinking......What country has the best tax system and therefore the best GPZ price.

rc62burke said:
Zuke_Lynzy said:

Hey Zuke
What did they say it could do that you think it can't ??? honest question mate, just interested in your thoughts.

cheers
Lee

I'll PM you bud' this isn't a post for the SDC.

AusFX said:
Ridge Runner said:

John
There just isn't a market for PI's over here like there is in Aus. People like the discrimination they get from VLF's. Although I think there are a few people who use GPX's.

Silly part about it is because the Gold is deeper over here, That is the one Machine that might just stand a chance of finding it, And Because of Greed No One will buy them Purely because of the cost, Yes I would Buy One But to get a return on the out lay would take years. Damn I'm Home Sick,lol

I know where the Gold is But you just can't get to it,

John

Latest posts