Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know yet. It's more than I thought it'd cost. I'll definitely wait until we have all the info on this machine coming the 18th including a final price before I make up my mind. I don't buy anything blindly. Seriously, if it were any company other than Minelab asking for a deposit for a product that has bugger all info available and no set price I'd be calling a scam. Nevertheless, I'm insanely excited about this detector.

Im getting it day 1! I dont care how much it costs. Im not too happy about spending $15k on detectors in the last 6 moths, but its only money. If its spent on doing what you love, then its well spent in my books.

For some a reasonable analogy would be, if you liked sailing what $$ would you spend for a yacht, or speed boat, golf clubs & membership, or some other leisure activity.

Seems that the price will not effect the serious/semi professional prospectors decision, as they will pay it off reasonably quickly. Time out with the detector in reasonably researched spots, should get a payback.

But if/when I get one my reasoning will be based on, if I don't spend the $$ now then my kids and grandkids will spend it when I am gone and I am sure it won't be on things that I would like my $$ going towards. So it is mainly a case of when rather than if I will get one.

Rob

If I could buy more time in the Bush, I would get one straight up once all the info is known!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With 3 kids to educate & feed I just can't justify the money for the amount of time I get out.
To me research & hard work is key & my SD2200d still gets the "Gold" & I clean it up with the SDC2300 now.
cheers
Lee

At the moment no I'm not getting one. I havn't really even pushed my 5000 to the limit yet with bigger coils. I'm gonna wait it out and buy a few more coils. The 5000 detects deep enough already for me at the moment.

There will be dissapointed newbies selling after a few trips digging fuggets at 3 feet, I'll hold out until then. There were people selling SDC's after 3 or 4 weeks for $1000 bucks less than they paid.

I'm no expert but not a total newbie, the ground in the Goldfields can be bloody hard and there is a lot of junk in NSW to dig in between nuggets. Might have to dig shafts to find large targets with the 7000. :D

If I had a great spot on private property with little junk around I'd jump on it from day 1.

Of course I want one and its already been stated how much money other people spend on other hobbies. $20 000 for a motorbike, $50 000 for a 4x4 etc...
$10500 ? for a detector seems like pocket change really. Its just when someone has the motorbike, the 4x4 and also wants the detector that it starts to look out of reach.

I might need to sell some motorbikes so I can buy the detector so I can then buy the 4x4 :D

Well even tho I sold my 4x4 last year and I'm yet to upgrade or buy another, I simply don't know enough areas or patches that I believe could pay for such a machine at a high price....
Count me out.

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Well even tho I sold my 4x4 last year and I'm yet to upgrade or buy another, I simply don't know enough areas or patches that I believe could pay for such a machine at a high price....
Count me out.

It could be that with the GPZ that you can start afresh from where you park the car, even in well flogged spots, as no one else will have been able to punch down to what is right under your feet. It may also mean that you get your exercise more from digging deep holes than doing lots of walking. If/when I get one that will be the initial approach that I will be taking depending on ground that you are on, etc.

Rob

I think I might like to have one of these new Minelab jobbies strait off the starting block, now there is only a few things in the way of my total enjoyment of this new machine,... and that of course is money$$$$$$$,.. so here goes nothing, probably, I've got a bit of a proposition to put to the forum that might just swing things the right way for me,.. now I now a few of you codgers are getting a bit old in the tooth and having a fair few health problems as of late, and I'm sure you would all rather be out in the field having a bit of fun instead of being old and sickly,.. now we get to the part where I have to broach the actual subject, and that is that I've heard you can go on living quite a while, even when you haven't got everything you started with, and seeing as Mrs Silver has been endowed with a fairly healthy system already, and I'm not doing too bad myself(so the doctor says),... I'm willing to bet that there are a few well off old fellas /gals out there that could benefit from a bit of an alliance with the Silver. family, especially if they have a bit of bad health and about $15 000 sitting around in a suitcase doing nothing,.... there's nothing more than I would like than to be swinging one of these new you beaut 7 000 detectors over a big lump of G O L D , so here it is,... is there anybody out there that requires a new Kidney as Mrs Silver has two good ones and I'm sure she won't notice one missing as much as I want the new GPZ 7 000(sounds like a motorbike doesn't it,...Maybe I should increase the price(ha).

silver said:
so here it is,... is there anybody out there that requires a new Kidney as Mrs Silver has two good ones and I'm sure she won't notice one missing as much as I want the new GPZ 7 000(sounds like a motorbike doesn't it,...Maybe I should increase the price(ha).

LOVE that approach ........ great initiative there Mr Silver.
Cheers T.

Still waiting on the final price, if it's 10K or less I'll be getting one. 10.5K and I'm a maybe.
But I have 3 months off and dedicated to just prospecting starting at the end of next week, after I get back from a stopover in Thailand ;)
If it does end up being too expensive I'll pick up a second hand GPX, SDC and a nice highbanker.

AusFX said:
Still waiting on the final price, if it's 10K or less I'll be getting one. 10.5K and I'm a maybe.
But I have 3 months off and dedicated to just prospecting starting at the end of next week, after I get back from a stopover in Thailand ;)
If it does end up being too expensive I'll pick up a second hand GPX, SDC and a nice highbanker.
Its more than $10.5 mate

I won't unless its really advanced in identifying gold via
The screen compared to iron.

I won't buy one tor the extra depth alone.

If I end up taking the plunge and buying one it would be a grey import from the states. (Not that I can afford it at the moment) Will have to see what the pricing looks like. To be honest, as much as I like getting out in the bush pursuing this great hobby, I am lucky to spend around 8 hours prospecting over a 2 day period once every 3 or 4 weeks.

Latest posts